A Small Complaint About 'Nemesis'

When I initially saw the power, my instant thought was "Oh my god! Furtive Chase is so much more useful now! Take Furtive Chase, Nemesis, and Make Your Choice and you've got a 'You've Made Your Choice/Anti-Unhook' build." Of course that would be a pretty powerful build on certain killers. From what I saw someone try, Nemesis does not proc on any obsession change aside from pallet stuns and blinds (or at least not from Furtive Chase obsession changes). I feel that the wording in the perk should be different because of this.

Maybe "Whenever a survivor becomes your obsession by these two situations" or "by this power" because I feel it misleads players.

Comments

  • It would make Legion simply unbeatable.

    • hook someone (best if it's obsession)
    • proxy camp
    • deep wound the unhooker
    • ???
    • profit

    I prefer this to not become a thing but have the possibility to run Nemesis by itself (and have survivor waste pallets here and there in exchange to not proc it) instead of a Nemesis nerf.

  • Thats the thing people will now be afraid of legion because if they keep nemesis as is you never want to stun him with the pallet. Every killer should strike fear and sadly legion doesnt because of how his power works. So itll be guess work whether a legion is running it or not.

  • @supersonic853 said:

    Thats the thing people will now be afraid of legion because if they keep nemesis as is you never want to stun him with the pallet. Every killer should strike fear and sadly legion doesnt because of how his power works. So itll be guess work whether a legion is running it or not.

    @Nobsyde said:

    It would make Legion simply unbeatable.

    • hook someone (best if it's obsession)
    • proxy camp
    • deep wound the unhooker
    • ???
    • profit

    I prefer this to not become a thing but have the possibility to run Nemesis by itself (and have survivor waste pallets here and there in exchange to not proc it) instead of a Nemesis nerf.

    I wasn't saying change the perk to allow this combo, I was suggesting that they should change the wording just because it is confusing. That being said, if this does get looked at and taken into consideration, I also believe Surge's wording should be changed (remove the word additional) to help players understand how these perks work and how they can synergize with other perks.

  • @Shura37 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/852873#Comment_852873

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/852744#Comment_852744

    I wasn't saying change the perk to allow this combo, I was suggesting that they should change the wording just because it is confusing. That being said, if this does get looked at and taken into consideration, I also believe Surge's wording should be changed (remove the word additional) to help players understand how these perks work and how they can synergize with other perks.

    oh yes, wording is wrong and should change, I agree with you.