Why are certain cosmetic outfits not available via the outfit selection?

As I'm a Feng Min Main I currently own all cosmetics for her on PS4 so we will go through her as my example instead.

Currently Selectable Outfits via the outfit button.

PS_Messages_20191116_091702.jpg PS_Messages_20191116_091707.jpg
  1. Spring Festival
  2. The Main Event
  3. Amphibian
  4. Campus Punk
  5. Tokyo Subway
  6. Rare Loot Collector
  7. Coffee Luva
  8. Electric Dreams
  9. Good Game, Easy
  10. Enter The Matrix
  11. Extraterrestrial
  12. Outer Orbit
  13. Shining Lion (Yellow)
  14. Shining Lion (Brown)
  15. Shining Lion (Red/Blue)
  16. Shining Lion (Blue/Pink)
  17. Shining Lion (Purple)

Unselectable Outfits via the outfit button.

PS_Messages_20191116_091710.jpg PS_Messages_20191116_091714.jpg PS_Messages_20191116_091712.jpg PS_Messages_20191116_091719.jpg PS_Messages_20191116_091717.jpg


  1. Bloody Lazer Bears (Prestige Outfit)
  2. Lazer Bears (Base Outfit)
  3. Day Off (Outfit that comes with purchase of DLC or free with console)
  4. Gamer Cred (Christmas Sweater)
  5. Phoenix Rises Polo (Event Shirt)

I was wondering if this was possible to add the outfits. Even if the shirt and sweater wont be added I would like the Prestige, Base, and DLC purchase ones added they are full cosmetics after all. Every one of the Survivor seems to be like this as well.

EDIT: also not sure which section this goes in.

Comments

  • I'm pretty sure it's because 1, like you mentioned, some are not full outfits and 2, the ones you mentioned that are, are not not available via the In-game store, which is where it seems this category comes from.

  • @ProfoundEnding said:

    I'm pretty sure it's because 1, like you mentioned, some are not full outfits and 2, the ones you mentioned that are, are not not available via the In-game store, which is where it seems this category comes from.

    Just seems a little lazy honestly. Its 3 outfits for older survivors and anyone after David just got a shirt usually.

  • @Liruliniel said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/842182#Comment_842182

    Just seems a little lazy honestly. Its 3 outfits for older survivors and anyone after David just got a shirt usually.

    Ehh I guess. The items that aren't part of an outfit make sense. There's no reason for them to be put into that category. The others are more a quality of life change. If you wanna wear that outfit just select all 3 pieces individually like we have been doing for years. A little extra steps but it won't kill anybody.

  • This content has been removed.
  • @ProfoundEnding said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/842189#Comment_842189

    Ehh I guess. The items that aren't part of an outfit make sense. There's no reason for them to be put into that category. The others are more a quality of life change. If you wanna wear that outfit just select all 3 pieces individually like we have been doing for years. A little extra steps but it won't kill anybody.

    I dont really wear any of them because I mix and match, but I just thought I personally would like the full outfits included it somehow just bothers me its not complete. You are right thought it's mostly just a QoL change. It's not like I'm asking for a massive game change though either or anything that really affects gameplay.

    @DeadGavin said:

    tbh they should allow you to just make custom icons so you can swap between combinations you like

    That would be nice as well


    @Peanits

    Because your legit the only mod/dev I remember. Do you have any thoughts on this or any comments as to why they were not included?

  • I agree that all characters base and bloody cosmetics should be selectable outfits, but the reason the Phoenix Rises Polo and the Gamer Cred cosmetics aren't a selectable outfits is because they aren't a outfit. An outfit is at least two cosmetic pieces that go together.

    It would be cool though if the outfits tab was renamed OUTFITS & PIECES and showed not just outfits, but all cosmetics that aren't available in an outfit.

  • @Hex_BoopTheSnoot said:

    I agree that all characters base and bloody cosmetics should be selectable outfits, but the reason the Phoenix Rises Polo and the Gamer Cred cosmetics aren't a selectable outfits is because they aren't a outfit. An outfit is at least two cosmetic pieces that go together.

    It would be cool though if the outfits tab was renamed OUTFITS & PIECES and showed not just outfits, but all cosmetics that aren't available in an outfit.

    Its just super random and weird that 2 to 3 outfits or 4 in Legions case depending on character are not in the outfit selection.

  • @Liruliniel said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/842462#Comment_842462

    Its just super random and weird that 2 to 3 outfits or 4 in Legions case depending on character are not in the outfit selection.

    Ya the Devs should definitely make characters base and bloody cosmetic into outfits. The reason I think they haven't done it yet is just because it's not a priority. I won't be shocked if they do it in the future randomly.

  • @Hex_BoopTheSnoot said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/842468#Comment_842468

    Ya the Devs should definitely make characters base and bloody cosmetic into outfits. The reason I think they haven't done it yet is just because it's not a priority. I won't be shocked if they do it in the future randomly.

    Don't forget the outfits that came with the purchase of a DLC. Honestly I wonder why it dropped from a full outfit to a single piece.