Moving from console to PC

Hi everyone, I have a few questions I would like some advice with before I make the change

My 1st question is I currently have the full game and all DLC on my ps4 but resently I got a good pc that can run Dbd on it. Is it worth changing over to pc. Because if you add all the dlc and full game together it's over €100 at full price.

My second question is would there ever be cross progression so I can have all my characters at there current levels.

And finally if I was to stay on console. Is it possible for ne to take part in the PTB using my PC without buying the game again.


Thank you for taking the time to read and any advice and help would be much appreciated.

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • @FarFromDead

    1.) Well, most would consider PC to be the superior version due to the higher player count and the obvious advantage which is Keyboard and Mouse.

    If you really want to switch to the main version that this game was first created on... than you'd have to buy all that DLC again and start all over. cross-progression is still an idea at the moment, and cross-play between consoles and PC isn't a thing yet either... so unless you wait patiently to see how this develops... than you'll have to start all over on PC and get all the DLC again.

    It's honestly up to you, if you wait to see if console gets cross-platform and cross-progression... than you can play with PC users without issue and if you decide to switch to PC than you can! But right now, you cannot.

    2.) Well, we have cross-platform already... so the idea of cross progression isn't out of the realm of possibility. Considering cross-platform gaming usually brings cross-progression with it... you can try and wait to see if it ever does happen. If it does, than you can switch without issue... but i'm not sure if the DLC will cross over.

    Note, cross-play with PS4, Xbox, and PC isn't a reality yet. It's only for the windows store and steam at the moment... but like I said, if you wait than you can see what comes of this cross-play development... if you're lucky it'll let you play between both without issues of starting over!

    3.) No, you need to own DBD to take part in the PTB on PC. That's how its always been... if you don't own the game than you can't access the beta private servers.

    edit

    The cross-play that currently exists is for the Steam and Windows store only, which... I didn't even know we had a windows store DBD... and I don't know why.

    Anyways, the answers above have been updated to reflect this.

  • @FireHazard said:

    @FarFromDead

    1.) Well, most would consider PC to be the superior version due to the higher player count and the obvious advantage which is Keyboard and Mouse. But since we have cross-platform which allows you to play with other console users... it isn't really necessary to switch.

    If you really want to switch to the main version that this game was first created on... than you'd have to buy all that DLC again and start all over. I'm not sure if your data transfers to PC because of cross-platform... but they didn't say cross-platform saves were a thing so i'm pretty sure it isn't.

    It's honestly up to you, you'll still play with PC users if you decide to not switch.

    2.) Well, we have cross-platform already... so the idea of cross progression isn't out of the realm of possibility. Considering cross-platform gaming usually brings cross-progression with it... you can try and wait to see if it ever does happen. If it does, than you can switch without issue... but i'm not sure if the DLC will cross over.

    3.) No, you need to own DBD to take part in the PTB on PC. That's how its always been... if you don't own the game than you can't access the beta private servers.

    Are you sure we have cross platform? I never saw Bills before he came to console and they asked about crossplay on the surveys..Not to mention PS4 does not have dedicated servers, so I don't see that being possible.

  • @Atrushan88 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/838201#Comment_838201

    Are you sure we have cross platform? I never saw Bills before he came to console and they asked about crossplay on the surveys..Not to mention PS4 does not have dedicated servers, so I don't see that being possible.

    You can activate cross-platform in the settings on PC now.

    Yes, cross-play exists....png
  • How does that work when PC has dedicated servers and we don't?

  • @Atrushan88 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/838210#Comment_838210

    How does that work when PC has dedicated servers and we don't?

    I don't honestly know, but if it's in our options than it clearly exists...

    I think the way it works is, if you're paired with a PC user with bad ping than the Killer will see his ping be red... since he's viewing it from how Dedicated Servers is connecting to him...

    For the console Survivors, they'll instead have red ping as well since they're connecting to his ping like usual... other Survivors that're on PC will have green ping if their connection is good to the Dedicated Servers... since Dedicated Servers for PC users doesn't work off of the Killers ping anymore.

    Basically, the console Survivor will have bad ping because the Killer has bad ping... but the PC Survivor will have green ping because their ping is good with Dedicated Servers... The only two people that have red ping is the Killer and the Survivor connecting through the Killers ping.

  • We do NOT have cross platform between PC and Consoles yet. There is a cross platform only between Steam and Windows store. See their news.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/100036/news-introducing-the-windows-store

  • That's only between Steam and the Windows Store. Judging from the recent Player Satisfaction Survey, they are looking into the possibility of cross-platform play between PC and consoles, but it's not a reality yet.

  • The skill level is higher on PC thus the amount of salt you collect is a bit higher as well. Do yourself a favor and keep that post-game chat window closed unless you know the other players won't be D-bags.

    The upside is the controls are WAY more responsive on PC.

  • @Fibijean said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/838210#Comment_838210

    That's only between Steam and the Windows Store. Judging from the recent Player Satisfaction Survey, they are looking into the possibility of cross-platform play between PC and consoles, but it's not a reality yet.

    Hmm I see, I... didn't even know we had a windows store for this game...

    W H Y . . . ?

  • @FireHazard said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/838256#Comment_838256

    Hmm I see, I... didn't even know we had a windows store for this game...

    W H Y . . . ?

    @not_Queen said:

    We are expending our PC family!

    Dead by Daylight is now available on the Windows Store.

    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/dead-by-daylight/9nms4sfnbgbh?activetab=pivot:overviewtab

    Enable crossplay option

    Sometime in the next few weeks, PC players will notice a new option labeled “Enable Crossplay”.

    When this option is enabled, PC players will be able to match and play against both Steam and Microsoft Store players. While we understand that expectations are high, we want to reiterate that crossplay is only available between PC versions of the game for the time being. 

    F.A.Q.

    Q: Can I transfer my progress from Steam / XBOX to the Windows Store version? 

    A: No, it is not possible to transfer your progress right now. 

    Q: Will I be able to add friends from another platform (IE. Adding a Steam player on Windows Store)? 

    A: Initially, you will not be able to add friends from another platform. Enabling the “Enable Crossplay” only allows the matchmaker to pair you with all PC players.  

    Q: Will crossplay be extended to the console versions of the game in the future? 

    A: We would like to offer the same treatment for all platforms. We do not have an ETA at this time, but we will keep you posted as new information becomes available. 

    Q: Will Dead by Daylight Mobile be receiving crossplay as well? 

    A: Crossplay is not planned for Dead by Daylight Mobile at this time.  

    Idk man. Cause Microsoft, I guess?

  • I updated the answer above to reflect this, anyways... I find it "interesting" that they even added cross-platform if it is to play with a really niche area of the DBD community.

    Just seems, odd to me personally.

  • @FireHazard said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/838270#Comment_838270

    I updated the answer above to reflect this, anyways... I find it "interesting" that they even added cross-platform if it is to play with a really niche area of the DBD community.

    Just seems, odd to me personally.

    Its probably the first step. They have incorporated some level of cross-play. They can use this for testing, make sure it works before bringing in the consoles. I think they will introduce the cross-play on consoles soon because if past questionnaires are anything to go by, they ask questions about a topic AFTER they have already decided to bring it it.

    e.g. "Would you like a battlepass". Then "We are making a battlepass" is immediately announced.

    Is the playerbase larger on PC? The game was free on PS4 and XBox whereas you have to buy it on PC. I don't think they release the stats on console.