Spirit's Changes Are Good, However...
Today we have seen changes for Spirit and they're pretty good changes that don't remove potential for her power.
The collision was a major issue that made it feel awful playing against her. Now that she can't bump into survivors, they can make ballsy moves such as going through her to disorientate her sound direction.
The add-ons that were changed were alright for the most part, but I don't like how Amulet decreased movement speed. I think the add-on needed changes, but in some other way. The charge add-ons were never complained about either.
Last thing I wanted to talk about was how Spirit will now have a vault animation. As of right now you have to guess if the Spirit is actually going to vault, phase, or standing still.
That's the core source of frustration of the Spirit's power. The survivors have no feedback on what she is doing. They have to guess what she will do while being invisible and a very high speed and not react actively to something they see.
This is nothing about the whole crystal glowing or hair bs. (That can be concealed via cosmetic and is barely noticeable so it's not reliable) This is about Spirit actually phasing. I'm not saying that she should be a bright beacon when she's phasing, but if survivors had some sort of read like her moving corn or grass they would have more fun facing her and it can make room for actual mind games with grass.
Comments
She's fine, she got nerfs when she didn't even need them. Calm down
Any changes to indicate her using her power will ruin her. If she can be easily countered like that then she becomes a slow movement speed killer with a power on charge that may or may not help in a chase.
I agree to that you still are playing a guessing to what shes doing, though its now easier on some of the most important parts. To me too, those changes arent going to be enough to make her acceptable to play against. But thats just like nurse, both remain above A-Tier, what I personally cant understand, why that should be okay in any way of game balance. Maybe they have something up their sleeves for the other issues she produces due to her raw power, when they have to accept that these changes werent enough.
Like I said, I don't want it to be extremely noticeable because like you said, it can ruin her. Being able to see grass and corn helps the survivor and the Spirit herself. The survivor can try to maneuver around her and the Spirit can see the grass moving.
Thank you for pointing out that too much indication will hurt her drastically.
I think grass/corn collision would be a nice Middle ground but anything further than that would be too much in my opinion.