Not sure if it's me or the game.

Filling out the survey I genuinely noticed a decreased desire I have to play the game, buy cosmetics, or even buy DLC. I own all the paid DLC besides Stranger Things and Ghostface chapter. I am a huge Stranger Things fan and I have no desire to buy the dlc at all. I'm really having issues even grinding for cosmetics this time around for the events (that's usually what pulls me back after a few months). I don't even see any Demogorgons when I play survivor, I dislike the Hawkins map since it borrows every bad part of Lery's and the Game and then fills it in with pallets. I have genuine disappointment in the overall DBD product. I'm happy that the devs are actually trying to make changes to the game, but it can't fix the holistic issues this game faces. This isn't a "competitive" game, it's not a "party" game, and it doesn't have enough world building and lore to keep me pulled in with any sense of story or narrative. In the end it's content is filled with circular grinding and ocaissional frustration with neither a "fun" circumstance to fill the gaps. I get 32k per game if not tunneled, I usually double pip most games, I just don't find it satisfying when the ranking is problematic and grinding feels empty as a survivor main since survivors are just skins. Playing killer has insanely long lobbies, I'm either stomping randos or getting "destroyed" by swf who just want to end the game in 4 mins with their faces stuck to a generator and I find neither outcome desirable. I actually enjoy playing killer to see how long I can progress the game without killing anyone and actually enjoy "saving" survivors when their team abandons them. I'm not leaving the game and I'm not staying, I'm gonna check back in every couple of months and enjoy content when it comes and goes and this has probably been the 4th time doing this.

Comments

  • the Hawkins map I can agree is straight up garbage as survivor

  • Last time i enjoyed this games was around last year holloween event/before legion dlc.

    Since then iv seen this game go from bad to worse (imo) and not seeing much hope for it in future just with what has been happening lately.

    Some days i go to play match of killer and 9/10 i just have game idle on killer selection screen, while im watching youtube videos and forget i have dbd still on then usual turn it off or play something else, dbd feels more like chore these days than a fun type of game (all of this imo of cause)

  • @humanbeing1704 said:

    the Hawkins map I can agree is straight up garbage as survivor

    My issue with the map is that it is full of dead ends or areas that don't go anywhere or do anything. The whole 2nd story of the lab is just 2 hooks and 1-2 pallets and a drop zone and it is a large segment of the map. Everything else has pallets just jammed in random areas and the generators are insanely close and in open areas. The only area I like is the upside down containment lab and it's just an elaborate gen over the basement. It makes me genuinely think the devs are trying to force survivors to use balanced landing.

  • @DevourOfSalt said:

    Last time i enjoyed this games was around last year holloween event/before legion dlc.

    Since then iv seen this game go from bad to worse (imo) and not seeing much hope for it in future just with what has been happening lately.

    Some days i go to play match of killer and 9/10 i just have game idle on killer selection screen, while im watching youtube videos and forget i have dbd still on then usual turn it off or play something else, dbd feels more like chore these days than a fun type of game (all of this imo of cause)

    That's my point entirely. I posted a quasi vlog here on the forums for playing killer. It took me 8 hours to climb from rank 20 to 18 just due to the wait times. I think I just had about <12 games and got my killer archives done. I got my house cleaned up and spent a fair amount of time doing other stuff just waiting in lobby.