Forced hook suicide bug, ps5

So I don't know if the devs are aware of this or not (probably, but just in case), there's a bug on the ps4 where you'll sometimes automatically die upon reaching the second phase of the hook. I'm not a mathematician or anything, but it happens to me in about 1 out of 10 games. I know it's also been happening to other players because there's been an odd increase in hook suicides lately. I tried posting this on reddit on the DeadByDaylight sub but it got removed so I'm posting it here. As this is a super game-changing bug, it'd be cool if it were fixed asap.

Comments

  • If you're the last survivor remaining then it's normal

  • I doubt others are doing it out of a bug. Survivor suicides are pretty common. It's essentially the next best thing to them just DC'ing on you.

  • No, that's not what I'm talking about. I know about that but this is something else, a legitimate bug. It just happened to me early in a game.

  • Is this happening to you? If not maybe they just give up seeing potato teammates

  • Let me explain in more detail.

    This was on a cornfield map, the one with the big white house. We were facing off against a Hillbilly and I was hooked. Nobody was coming to get me so I figured, "screw it, I'll try getting off myself" (when I was near entering the second phase anyways, mind you) and I failed. I mashed x immediately, but for some reason it still killed me. It's not the first time it's happened, either. More like the fourth. It's definitely been happening to other players as well.

  • You might be mashing too fast. I had this problem but it got better when I started to casually hit X instead of really fast.

    I don't know why but if you hit X too fast it won't register sometimes and you'll just die. :/