No counterplay : a thingie

OK so the term counterplay is being thrown about alot and I just wanna give my two units of currenency on what I think that has "no counterplay"

Keys : even if I run Franklin's a survivor can just pick up the key again, it doesn't matter how many charges it has they can still open the hatch


Safe pallets : I'm mainly thinking of that one pallet on lerrys next to its library but if a killer has to break the pallet after a long loop (now I'm thinking coal tower) and then still has to ensure through several more safe loops it's just unfun as feck, now some safe pallets are needed but they're far too many at the moment


Decisive strike : leaving them slugged for 60 seconds is ample time for them to recover and crawl away, and additionally the timer is that long it can still proc even after you've chased and hooked a completely different surivior (imo enduring should still work on it, using a perk to counter a perk imo is OK, not using perks to counter powers. So it's be a 2.5 second stun simular to a pallet stun, thisd stop the head on combo as well)


And here's the part where I list killers uncounterplayabilty but honestly I can't think of much.

Maybe legions initial hit but even then you can still loop them

Spirit is strong and does have counterplay, like nurse stealth is her biggest weakness. If your unpredictable she'll have a harder time

Maybe hag trapping a hook? But as long as you crouch imediatley after unhooking you should be fine

Trappers tar bottle? Well unless he places them in the middle of no where all you have to do is spend time checking nearby loops before doing a gen

Stealth killers : just use your eyes, wraith is actually quite easy to see, pig has a fleshy coloured mask which makes it harder to camouflage + grass moves, ghostface - just a little bit stealither wraith with an insta down. That you can outrun (then again I used the Heck outta invis in skyrim so maybe my eyes adapted)

Comments

  • So you're basically pointing out that the killer things have counter play while some survivor things don't?

  • Keys have no counter (unlike moris), but you should make a distinction, between safe pallets (shack one, or cow loop one) or god-like pallets (you have to break it, there aren’t any ways to play around it (Lery’s one near the exit, basically everyone in the central building of disturbed ward, badham basement).

    And I would add the super safe buildings, pantry, wretched shop, ironworks, and few others)

  • The counterplay for keys is like moris, just don't let them do gens. Just don't get downed.