Corrupt Purge Change

As of right now, Corrupt Purge is pretty damn strong. Nobody wants to cleanse because of it. This makes matches against the Plague usually straightforward and her power is pretty uncommon.

I don't mind the option of nobody cleansing, the broken status effect negates most health kit tactics and its a one hit down. I'm not complaining.

But I do think her power is a bit too strong. I woke up today with a potential change that could make her power have more counterplay but also keeping it relevant; simply give resistance to direction change while puking Corrupt Purge. So if you're puking Corrupt Purge, turning in any direction has resistance to it so its not as easy to just flick your mouse across the screen and have damage going everywhere. This resistance does not apply while charging, only during the puking phase.

This prevents a Plague from just sweeping with Corrupt Purge, and keeps it more in like with a Huntress; Having more precision is rewarded. Of course, not nearly as skill-based as the Huntress, and I'm okay with that, but it still rewards thinking ahead rather than just going into the Shack and spraying your spunk.

It also incentivizes charging more Corrupt Purge for the killer, as you can't just aim and do a quick wiggle to cover a large area.

This resistance can be changed by addons and can help BHVR adjust a value to make it easier or harder to turn while using Corrupt Purge.

It may not be the perfect change, it may not even fix the problem of nobody wanting to Cleanse, but its a step in the right direction, I feel, without giving it a huge nerf to the point where its uselsss.

Comments