Consequences of the new challenges
Good:
More objectives and game purpose = more fun
Bad:
Selfish playstyle on some challenges (like the totems or opening 3 chests, if you ran around the map looking for crows intead of getting them scared by playing normally you sir, are a bad person, lol)
Easier games for killers (cause survivors are focusing on selfish challenges and not on main objectives)
SWF is gonna be a must for harder challenges
Players raging in solo cause of multiple survivors trying to do the same challenge (has happened to me twice, the other survivors sent me messages post games)
Killer upcoming challenges promote de ranking in order to do them (I'm thinking about going to green ranks in order to do the 4 survivors hooked in basement)
Don't get me wrong, even though there are some bad consequences I wouldn't change a thing, they are really fun to do.
Comments
I agree, some of the challenges are detrimental to playing in a way that helps you win. It is kind of fun to try and do something different for a change, though. Instead of running one build, it encourages experimentation, which I enjoy.