Should Detective's Hunch also show traps?
Just thought about this and should it?
It's just for some seconds and it would show hag and trapper traps
would you guys aprove this change?
Just thought about this and should it?
It's just for some seconds and it would show hag and trapper traps
would you guys aprove this change?
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Would be a good buff for sure
Could be nice I guess.
Sure, I would approve.
I'd be fine with adding killer traps to Detective's Hunch such as Jigsaw Boxes, Bear Traps and Phantasm Traps. I'd also be fine with extending the time by a few seconds. Right now to me the perk feels lack luster and I'd rather use small game personally since I don't need to finish a generator just to activate Small Game.
what is the purpose of seeing jigsax boxes though?
The main reason is consistency but it seems fitting anyways as Detective Tapp / Detective's Hunch is in the same chapter / DLC as The Pig. That is assuming I'm not forgetting something like them already being visible. The main reason to see them before a trap is on your head would be map information. Such as if you're getting chased you know where to run off to so you can avoid getting another survivor killed that is getting a trap off.
Although it's not necessary and I agree with the initial suggestion regardless.
the problem I see with the aura of the jigasaw boxes is that it will cover a totem or more important things
I don't see that being an issue since Jigsaw boxes are roughly the same size as generators and for the most part that doesn't interfere with the perk. However it's not that big of a deal and again I do agree with your OP regardless. I'd just like to see the perk get some extra attention. It's quite exciting to see the recent changes so it gives me hope that more perks are going to get a second look later.
well surely it will be better, let's hope devs change something about it
I really like this idea.
It'd be a neat addition to a Perk I don't think is all that useful.
Maybe it should show other survivors' positions for a few seconds (2/3/4 or 3/4/5?) after each generator is done. Some fluff buffs wouldn't be bad to lesser used perks.
hell no!
Trapper gets screwed over super fast by people who know where his traps are!
Before 2.1.0 I'd definitely agree anything that lets you see his traps may be a bit unfair. However with recent buffs and also considering his traps respawn I don't see the harm in such a change to Detective's Hunch. After all to even benefit from the perk you need to personally be on the generator when it's finished to see the aura so at max you can only proc it 5 times.
but there is allready a perk that is barely used,that works against traps
first off, the Trapper buff didnt make him a great killer. It fixed his (before the buff really horrible) add-ons, made him place Traps faster and made his Traps respawn after a sabotage, but that does not make him a great killer. The whole strength of the Trapper is to outsmart people by placing Traps around an area where they'd never expect it. If they get another perk which shows the Traps, his setup will be gone within seconds, which makes him a worse killer than Wraith. Trapper definitely does not need any nerfs. What he needs is a new Trap place animation (seriously. The new animation is sh*t.)
and when it's used it completely screws the Trapper.