Why killers should have the advantage

I've been playing a lot of survivor lately for the achievements and rather i was winning games back to back or getting face camped my enjoyment really didn't change. I had two BS games that stuck out, one where a trapper got no hooks and then got me at the very end with no ed and one where a wraith brought a mori and got a 4k with 1 gen left. Neither of those killers "deserved" to win but i just didn't care because the BIG difference between survivor and killer is that as a survivor i can instantly get back into a game if i get a toxic killer, whereas as a killer if i get toxic survivors or the gens get done really quickly i have to wait forever for another game so i only end up playing a few games. I realize that ideally the lobby times shouldn't be like that but even in a perfect world as a survivor dying i still can go right back into a game, a killer has to stay in the game until everyone else is out

Also completely separate but its so stupid how easy the adept achievements are for survivor vs killer. Like it took me 5 games to win as ace but it was still only like half an hour, meanwhile I've put in at least a 2 hours to try and get Leatherfaces, getting 4ks and still not getting it. And everytime i try to go for one im sacrificing my one game for that hour as killer

Comments

  • @Mtom912 said:

    Matchmaking time varies on different platforms and regions, in my region waiting for a game for survivor can take up to 20 minutes, and that doesn’t even count extra time when the killer dodges you, but for killer you’ll wait 2 minutes max

    Also although killer adepts are definitely harder than survivor, and probably should be made a bit easier, not everyone struggles to get them, especially with things like rank reset, so red rank killers don’t have to get 4 iridescent for the trophy

    That's not even possible because you need 4 Survivors to every 1 killer. That makes as much sense as saying the adapt killer achievements are easy...

  • Why do you care about achievements again?

  • @Yamaoka said:

    Why do you care about achievements again?

    Some people enjoy the challenge of completing them. That's why they're there.

  • @Yamaoka said:

    Why do you care about achievements again?

    Same reason i care about the challenges, they're fun. I like have an objective other than "hold rb". I realize you're trying to write off my complaint by saying the achievements don't even matter and you're right...

    But why do you play video games again? I mean you're doing nothing but setting down and staring at lights for hours on end. What you're doing doesn't matter, but it sure is fun tho

  • @SaintDenisSlasher said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/810708#Comment_810708

    Same reason i care about the challenges, they're fun. I like have an objective other than "hold rb". I realize you're trying to write off my complaint by saying the achievements don't even matter and you're right...

    But why do you play video games again? I mean you're doing nothing but setting down and staring at lights for hours on end. What you're doing doesn't matter, but it sure is fun tho

    I realize it's probably fun for you to collect achievements but honestly I think most of DBD's achievements are just "blunt" so I often wonder why people care. Bubba's 100 chainsaw hit achievement literally just forces you to play him for a while. It's not actually a challenge or anything.

  • @Yamaoka said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/810720#Comment_810720

    I realize it's probably fun for you to collect achievements but honestly I think most of DBD's achievements are just "blunt" so I often wonder why people care. Bubba's 100 chainsaw hit achievement literally just forces you to play him for a while. It's not actually a challenge or anything.

    Its a challenge to hit 100 people with chainsaws. It gives me a reason to play bubba and purpose other than just trying to hook everyone