is there any logical explanation to ....
why second wind doesn't activate if you heal with a medkit?? " to gain more points" aaand to heal a little faster.
sorry if the word faster annoys some killer mains but trust me with all these resident sleeper perks and add ons being added to the game.. ( dying light - thana- sloppy ) I dont think healing a team mate couple seconds faster is an issue.
whats the point behind it??
is the perk OP ?? NOO
is the perk toxic?? NOO
in fact nothing survivors have is powerful anymore. ( which is a good thing for balancing purposes)
but seriously how do you want me to use new perks you bring into this lovely game if theres always a s.h.i.t.t.y part about the perk??
I just unlocked it couple hours ago, tried to use it.. knew this shi..y part about it.. dropped it for good.
like seriously though why wouldnt it activate if you heal with a medkit?
I'm so confused ! theres literally nothing OP about the perk nor toxic.. its a very nice little balanced perk which will never be OP wether its a medkit heal or regular heal.
Comments
I use Second Wind all the time, yet that’s a detail I completely overlooked since I always save med-kits for myself. I agree with what you’re saying. I wonder how it would work with syringes though...
I wouldnt mind it NOT being activated with the use of syringes. but like a simple medkit heal?????????? whyyyyyyyyyyyyy
It's because healing with a medkit kit gives you less charges than normal healing.
I really don’t know. Solidarity is the same way. Autodidact makes sense, but Solidarity and Second Wind don’t really need these drawbacks. It’s just like how some Killer perks have the “basic attack” mechanic. I find it dumb to be honest.
UMMM WUT ?????
Everything in dbd works with charges.
Every second on a gen is 1 charge, takes 80 charges to complete. Same with healing but a different total of charges.
Items speed the process up, but in return you don't get the full charges.
bro doesnt matter even if you heal 500 survivors fully in a single match.. the perk wont activate what are you saying??
I dont get it whats up with charges.. I know those things
So that's issue... I assumed you meant it doesn't activate after 1 heal. Ok.
They explained it when they revealed the perk on stream.
Basically when you heal yourself or another the progress bar has "ticks" that you must fulfill to complete the action. Each second of healing counts as a "tick" that fills this bar. When you use a medkit you are actually filling the "ticks" faster. The issue with the perk is that it should read "Heal teammates for X seconds" rather than a "health state" because its not the health state that's activating the perk but a set number of time.
I agree it would make sense for medkits to affect this but maybe they made this decision to keep things consistent because "We'll make it, syringe, septic, new medkit speed buff" might all be more powerful then intended? I don't know.