still getting mismatched

I was hoping dedicated servers would help with matchmaking, but here it is 4 in the afternoon on a Saturday, and I still have to wait upwards of 5 minutes for a match as a killer and then end up with a match full of survivors 5 ranks higher than me.

bleh.

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • @luvcraft said:

    I was hoping dedicated servers would help with matchmaking, but here it is 4 in the afternoon on a Saturday, and I still have to wait upwards of 5 minutes for a match as a killer and then end up with a match full of survivors 5 ranks higher than me.

    bleh.

    The matchmaking is working in your case.

    If you are waiting a long time it generally means there is an imbalance in your region between survivor and killer players.

    The longer you wait the more the search widens which should go no further than six ranks from your own.

    It's done this way so you get a game quicker rather than wait even longer.

  • yeah, I know, but it feels double bad when I wait a long time and then get steamrolled. :P

  • Happend to me just now. I on rank 10, vs 3 rank 3 players and a rank 12 player, only they told me afterwards its his second account, on his main account he is also rank 1.

    Yeah, thats how i want to play the game, being chanceless against much more skilled surivors.

  • I understand the logic behind finding you the best match it can, even if you're outmatched, so you won't be waiting forever. I just wish they also did some sort of handicapping in these situations, so that the game would mechanically compensate for the difference in rank.

    One possibility is that they could adjust every survivor's running and repair speed based on the difference between their rank and The Killer's rank; this could even go the other way, to give survivors who are lower rank than the killer an advantage. This is probably a very low priority, though.