Idea to solve the hatch stand-off
I suggest that if the killer hits the survivor while the hatch is open, that survivor is unable to go into the hatch for 5 seconds or for however long it takes the killer to recover.
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Why 5 seconds though??? As a killer i really could care less about the hatch. I'd rather they just leave via the hatch so i can move on to the next game. Plus 5 seconds sounds completely unfair.
By your logic the hatch should just spawn infront of the survivor to end the game asap.
if there were rank rewards and that hatch determines whether or not you stay on the reward bracket moving up or down then I could understand. It’s not though, it literally makes little to no difference what so ever. It’s not even enough bp to justify doing this any longer than 5 mins.
Logically getting into a hatch standoff any longer than 5 mins is completely illogical.
Isnt "hatch Standoff" reworks already in testing? i'm sure I tested this in the PTB so they already have ideas on how to stop it
I think the balance would be having 2 hatches, if the killer closes 1, then the 2nd is closed automatically at the same time