What happened during the Howling Grounds event?
I've seen multiple killers mention peak toxicity during this event and yet when I reflect on my matches during the event I can only recall one such occasion. Can anyone enlighten me on the toxicity that transpired during that event? Why specifically were survivors toxic at this time?
Comments
For example, hooking survivors on a specific hook to get a token.
It didnt help that flashlights were also broken during this event.
It was awful. Killers were camping the lunar gens. Survivors were sabotaging the lunar hooks. Toxicity on both sides. Brought out the worst in the community. At least on PS4 it did. Did not enjoy that event.
Flashlights everywhere + no skill required + during animation + gotta wait for animation to end + not everywhere where you pick someone up is a wall + face a wall with 1 degree to the left or right and you'll still get blinded + Lightborn was useless = Hell for any Killer who went up against a Survivor that read the patch notes.
Though I know the only reason I got the Huntress Mask was because I clearly gave the Survivors a “Let’s farm and do Lunar stuff!” signal. I tried normally just playing and after getting 3 Lunar Hooks in 20 games, I knew farming was the only way I was getting that mask. The tool boxes and people running Saboteur was a nightmare.
Toxcity was at an all time high on both sides. Even after I got the mask, I still kept farming with Survivors to help them get Lunar Gens. Next time, they need to make it so ALL hooks and Gens count, not just special ones. That was a disaster.
every time i downed someone, i carried them to a lunar gen.... never even hung anyone till they were all completed.... and for my efforts and generosity? body blocking and sabo'd hooks.... with an occasional tbag.... i ******** hated the lunar event....
Flashlights got "fixed" which turned every flashlight into a guaranteed save. No timing or skill required.
Survivors did everything to negate the killer hooks: Sabotaging the lunar hooks, body blocking, DS, flashlights and even disconnecting if everything else failed.
It was a true nightmare, and showed the ugly face of survivors. It showed how powerful they really are.
If only you knew
If only you knew
Be glad you dont
We killers tried to play friendly yet survivors kept destorying LUNAR HOOKS AND ONLY LUNAR HOOKS -.-
It' was a disaster that we will always remember survivors were at the peak of their power for that period... All who played killer during that event should have a badge of honor LOL
Survivors: were sabotaging lunar hooks and only lunar hooks most of them would literally just camp out by lunar hooks waiting for the killer to bring someone.
Killer: camped lunar generators and would literally throw the game just so the survivors can't complete them.
Survivors: in retaliation to the generator camping they started bringing brand new parts and decisive strike a lot more often. Also they abused the new update to flashlight and pallet saves until was reverted
Killers: in retaliation to the sabotaging they started bringing in ebony moris and hangman's trick. Also there was a sharp rise in impossible skill check doctors.
Basically both sides were being absolute douche bags to each other. Now it wasn't like anyone was asking for everybody to farm but mainly people just asking to not go out of your way to be a douche to the other side.
Right from the beginning, players were constantly getting disconnected and the Killers that could play a 4v1 had to deal with the broken flashlights and pallets. It was braindead easy to make a save. All you had to do was drop a pallet or blind the Killer during the pickup animation, and the Killer would drop the Survivor once the pickup animation was over. It thankfully got patched out quickly (I think within a week at the most, same thing with the constant DCs). However, those were not the only problems. This event brought out the worst in the DbD community. Killers would camp lunar gens and Survivors would sabotage lunar hooks in order to deny one side their coins. Unfortunately these issues were not addressed at all by BHVR, meaning that you would have to hope that you didn't get jerks that would purposefully try to deny the other side their coins. I remember getting extremely lucky as Killer and not running into a lot of Survivors who sabotaged my lunar hooks. I ran into one who tried to sabo my lunar hook as I got closer to it, but he had just started, so I was able to get my coin. My only major problem with the event was a personal problem, and it was a power outage that happened near the end of the event. Thankfully, my power was restored the last day of the event and I got the Huntress mask.