Do you need to complete Tome challenges to unlock Rift Tiers?

I played yesterday and it seemed to me that I was passively earning Rift xp just by playing normally. So I figured I'd ask for some clarity.

Comments

  • No.

    But you require 800 XP for a single Rift Fragment, and each tier (as far as I know) cost 10 Fragments to unlock.

  • @se05239 said:

    No.

    But you require 800 XP for a single Rift Fragment, and each tier (as far as I know) cost 10 Fragments to unlock.

    Hmm, well suddenly the absurdly difficult challenges seem a little less cruel. Sure they're still hard, but at least that time is still giving you progress.

  • @Peasant said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/799242#Comment_799242

    Hmm, well suddenly the absurdly difficult challenges seem a little less cruel. Sure they're still hard, but at least that time is still giving you progress.

    Yeah. If you play each role once (to get the daily XP bonus of 300 each), you should be able to get 1-2 Rift Fragments per day. And you only require.. 700 Rift Fragments in total to unlock all tiers in the Rift.. in 70 days.

  • @se05239 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/799256#Comment_799256

    Yeah. If you play each role once (to get the daily XP bonus of 300 each), you should be able to get 1-2 Rift Fragments per day. And you only require.. 700 Rift Fragments in total to unlock all tiers in the Rift.. in 70 days.

    Well obviously you'll still be trying to get challenges, but I understand what you are saying.