Ruin is only an issue when I play survivor.
I hate ruin not for the mechanical skill it takes but for the amount of teammates I get when I play survivor that make it there mission to find it. I played three killer games with Ruin on the usual and the survivors I played against just tore through gens.
Played 2 games one against a Freddy and another against a Clown, in both of those games Ruin is present and offers me no really issue. first game against Clown 3 gens left with the first two being done by me. While 2 of my team searches for ruin and the other is running the killer.
2nd game against a Freddy same outcome. 2 gens down by myself and two survivors dead on hook that just threw pallets like they respawn.
So yeah just made this post to vent. Not to bash the perk it does a valuable service.
Comments
It really surprises me how well the hex totems are hidden sometimes, even if you’ve memorized the map already.
I always play by the 1 person on a gen at all times rule. But this is just amazing how so many people need to find Ruin but don't run the Small Game perk if their so worried about it.
Ironic, isn't it? You play Killer and that thing pops within 30 seconds. Play survivor and you'll have all teammates running around the map searching for it 5+ minutes every trial.
I've stopped using it on Killer and I can hit great skill-checks like a machine as a survivor, as a result of it.
It is Ironic, playing around any level over 9 feels like a huge pain. Its a toss up of is the killer just messing around or is he playing seriously, survivors throw pallets even if the killer is a way's behind them.
you get up to anywhere between 6 to 9 and its all the sudden D/C central, survivor gets hit once and they disconnect. Played a game where one guy brought in No Mither and got hooked once and all three teammates D/C'd.
I honestly don't get the Ps4 playerbase.
I know that pain all too well. I wish I could say I hit greats as consistently as you though.
The only time I can't hit greats is when the Killer's ping is anywhere of 90 to over a 100. Other than that I can hit them like candy same with Hex skill check's too just as long as they don't come at 4:00's I can usually hit them.