[PS4] original disc install, can i purchase digital and not lose progress?

Hi,

I play DBD on PS4. I originally installed from a disc, but it's becoming troublesome to dig it out and I am worried it will stop working soon. If I purchase the game as a digital download, will I lose my progress on the game? I've got L50 for just about everyone, I don't want do it again..

Please only comment if you've done this exact scenario before. I think we all agree that it OUGHT to work that way, but please only comment if you have direct experience of this working properly. Thanks.

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • @jieryn nope your progress is tied to your PlayStation account. You could log into another PlayStation that has the game on it and still have your progress!

  • @jieryn

    Like @JiggleWiggle said, it's tied to your PlayStation account and is its own separate account on BHVRs systems. So you can buy the digital download and 100% expect your progress to still be there!

  • Thanks for that info! I bought the digital game but I can not seem to launch it without the disc installed. What should I do? PS4 will not load it, insists on the disk.

  • @jieryn said:

    Thanks for that info! I bought the digital game but I can not seem to launch it without the disc installed. What should I do? PS4 will not load it, insists on the disk.

    I had a similar issue to this a while back. I had to fully uninstall the game...and then re-download the digital one.