Paid Archives Exclusives but No Exclusives for Console Still?

Will buying the paid version of the Archives allow you to have exclusive cosmetics?

If so, is it money that determines exclusivity? Is that why Trapper Mask for Meg was a thing, or why the Nintendo Switch costume was a thing as well?

I thought McCote said, "we're not excluding anyone anymore."

This feels really wrong if it's true. I know console users have been begging for exclusives since day one on console, something that us console users can have for supporting this game since launch on these platforms.

That means, someone who buys the game tomorrow and pays for the exclusive skin archives will have an exclusive cosmetic that, "once is gone is gone" vs someone who's been grinding since day one, who can't afford the skin or doesn't want to have to pay just for the cosmetic will have nothing to show for it..

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • I believe only charms are exclusive to the premium rift.

    Who knows though i believe the only thing they've said is some things in the rift will stay exclusive we don't know exactly what.

    I think exclusives are good you pay for the pass and gets something that says you sunk money into and or grinded in that specific rift/pass.

    If you don't you didn't do it so who cares. It's like Legacy you had to do a P3 to get that or miss out. This is pay $10-$80 depending on if you have time or grind or miss out.

    You could also just get the new free stuff.

  • Rift is a paid thing. Archives are not.

  • I know console users have been begging for exclusives since day one on console

    But why? What good do you get from having something other people can't obtain?

  • As a PS4 player we absolutely do not need more exclusives. Fortunately the few they have done since saying no more are not that cool. Exclusives do nothing but frustrate and leave people out.

  • @White_Owl said:

    I know console users have been begging for exclusives since day one on console

    But why? What good do you get from having something other people can't obtain?

    A lot of people like feeling special for playing on their preferred platform.

    Some companies cater to this.

    Most recent example i can think of is Activision giving Spec ops survival on the upcoming CoD only to PS4 users for a year.

    I don't like this practice at all. What OP should be asking for is a chance to get the PC exclusive content.

  • As far as we know only the charms may be exclusive but we are not sure if all will be. The skins themselves should be released on the store after 6 months or so.

    The Met trapper mask isn't actually and exclusive it's a reward for purchasing Deathgarden which anyone on PC can buy. Unfortunately it's not out on console yet but if its released they did say it would then be available.

    The switch skin well that's just a way to get people to buy it on a specific platform and again not exclusive since it's open to everyone. Most games nowadays do this be it for a pre order or platform exclusive.

    McCote's words were primarily for event skins as they used to be tied to the period of the event and then you had no option to get them.

    Now everyone has the options to pay to get them be it on the store, a platform or the rift pass. It just depends if you feel the skin is worth it the money.

  • @twistedmonkey said:

    As far as we know only the charms may be exclusive but we are not sure if all will be. The skins themselves should be released on the store after 6 months or so.

    The Met trapper mask isn't actually and exclusive it's a reward for purchasing Deathgarden which anyone on PC can buy. Unfortunately it's not out on console yet but if its released they did say it would then be available.

    The switch skin well that's just a way to get people to buy it on a specific platform and again not exclusive since it's open to everyone. Most games nowadays do this be it for a pre order or platform exclusive.

    McCote's words were primarily for event skins as they used to be tied to the period of the event and then you had no option to get them.

    Now everyone has the options to pay to get them be it on the store, a platform or the rift pass. It just depends if you feel the skin is worth it the money.

    Idk McCote was really clear when he said, "no more exclusives" and wasn't specifying the type of event, but all platforms in general.

    I believe Peanits did say that only some skins will appear in the store after 6 months or so. Not all of them, so if you don't buy them then they no longer return.

    I'm sorry but at this point I have to disagree with you on what defines exclusive. Not console or even PC has access to the Trapper skin since it is on a completely different platform which indeed does make it an exclusive. Furthermore, it was a pre-order exclusive, only available to those who paid in advance for the game.

  • @Speshul_Kitten said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/776277#Comment_776277

    Idk McCote was really clear when he said, "no more exclusives" and wasn't specifying the type of event, but all platforms in general.

    I believe Peanits did say that only some skins will appear in the store after 6 months or so. Not all of them, so if you don't buy them then they no longer return.

    I'm sorry but at this point I have to disagree with you on what defines exclusive. Not console or even PC has access to the Trapper skin since it is on a completely different platform which indeed does make it an exclusive. Furthermore, it was a pre-order exclusive, only available to those who paid in advance for the game.

    Well the question was directed as a PAX exclusive Question from stream 95 and his response was....

    Mathieu Cote - ''PAX exclusives... So we don't do exclusives anymore because by doing them, we exclude the console players since we cannot release them on console. But if you're looking for some sweet outfits to get or pieces of flairs to get for your character that will give you bragging rights and things like that, the customization that is coming will be exactly what you're looking for.''

    For myself this reads as a direct reply regarding the exhibition exclusives and they stopped them for obvious reasons as stated. I see this as no longer wanting exclusives they could never release on console for PC.

    Mathieu has also been quoted by other people on twitter as stating that while they weren't going to go out of their to make exclusives for events and such they weren't going to close themselves off from exclusives for business opportunities when they made sense.

    As I said the context needs to be considered. People will always run with such a statement and try to turn it into something that fits what they want to believe.

  • @White_Owl said:

    I know console users have been begging for exclusives since day one on console

    But why? What good do you get from having something other people can't obtain?

    Not everyone can have a 1st place trophy. Exclusives are in most games. They show someone put in the time, support, pre-ordered, etc before another player did.

  • Add Kratos to the PS4 Version of DbD or we Riot. ๐Ÿ˜

  • @Speshul_Kitten said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/776277#Comment_776277

    Idk McCote was really clear when he said, "no more exclusives" and wasn't specifying the type of event, but all platforms in general.

    I believe Peanits did say that only some skins will appear in the store after 6 months or so. Not all of them, so if you don't buy them then they no longer return.

    I'm sorry but at this point I have to disagree with you on what defines exclusive. Not console or even PC has access to the Trapper skin since it is on a completely different platform which indeed does make it an exclusive. Furthermore, it was a pre-order exclusive, only available to those who paid in advance for the game.

    Some of the skins on the rift are just recolors of already existing skins, so I'd assume the ones that will get put in the store a few months after will be the brand new (non recolor) ones.

  • @White_Owl said:

    I know console users have been begging for exclusives since day one on console

    But why? What good do you get from having something other people can't obtain?

    I think it's the "I've got something you don't" mentality. As a console player I don't really care, but I do think it's hypocritical when they give the Switch something unique and not the other consoles.