Gen tapping / just run x perk
So I was just reading a thread about gen tapping and saw fairly often that people were saying "just run pop" or "just run overcharge". Which imo isn't a good awnser because "bad" (depending on how you see the game) core game mechanics shouldn't be fixed with perks, bodyblocking? Mad grit. Getting off heals in your face? Coulrophobia. Gen tapping? Overcharge
Now that issue can go for a whole discussion on its own but I just want to say this :
If you think I spirit is OP or any other killer is OP and you've used this argument before then don't be surprised when you see "just run calm spirit (doc)" or "just run : iron will lightweight, dead hard, spine chill , we'll make it (the faster you can heal someone the less advantage a spirit had) : spirit"
The main problem with gen tapping is that :
1) it can be done mid chase without any hindrance to yourself as you don't even have to complete the animation to gen tap, takes a fraction of a second and if thr killer goes to kick the gen again you actually benefit from pressing one button
2) even with overcharge if you gen tap like stated above you can actually still complete the skillcheck while not on the gen, I've done it at least twice before and I'm a rank 15 survivor, additionally overcharge is a very rare perk to see and its effect is. Well its underwhelming as its basicly a easier to hit ruin that you have to spend time applying. Every single time.
3) surveillance is countered by gen tapping. Tap the gen walk away with fixated then tap it again once the killer has kicked it yet again to reply sureilence and you've essentially pallet stunned them.
4) not ever killer has a decent headset or decent eyesight. If someone's doing a step 3 then not every killer can turn that into a grew hit. And even killers like wraith who usually kicks gens while cloaked has to announce he's found the survivor, and even then due to a 3rd person camera a survivor will always have more knowledge of where a killer is than a killers knowledge of where a survivor is. Unless you've played this game for 1000s hours like streamers (otz, tofu, ardetha, tru) etc
Comments
Me too. Your opinions on it?
I do agree, I think a regressing generator should only stop regressing once a survivor has interacted with that generator for 1 second.
Gen tapping to avoid ruin skill checks should still be a thing though.