Why I believe Pipping Shouldn't be Considered a "Win"
"As a Killer, your goal is to sacrifice as many Survivors as possible". "As a Survivor, your goal is to escape and avoid being caught and killed."
First of all I respect all your opinions on this topic but I'm going to share my reasoning on why people shouldn't worry about pipping as a "win" condition. The two quotes I just stated above are my first reasoning as to why pipping is not a win condition. Nowhere does it say that you have to gain "pips" to win. It says that your goal is to sacrifice or escape. Nothing more. All pips really are stated to do in game are to make sure you are ranked within a certain skill group of players. To separate the noobs from the red ranks mainly. My second argument is that if your a survivor/killer and everyone is equally skilled then you can still win and get a black pip. That doesn't mean you lost or tied. You still won because you completed both your objectives. People who think pipping counts as winning can you please leave your thoughts on why you think so? Feedback is always appreciated.
Comments
So if we're judging wins based on only kills/survival then I think we can all agree based on statistics that the game is killer sided and survivors need buffs :)
Last I remember, average survival rate was around 40%? Probably lower now after the multitude of survivor nerfs and killer buffs.
So I'll be taking survivor buff ideas. XD
The game says you've won when you've piped. The problem with current ranking system is that it tries to discourage certain type of behaviors so that the game isn't unfun for either side. Technically 4 kills on killer regardless of method should be a win, but the emblem system doesn't want you to play Insidious Facecamp Leatherface to achieve a 4k or immersion Claudette with a key. Those extreme behaviors just seem to question whether absolute piping is healthy for the game and honestly I couldn't really give a clear answer to that. What I will say is that some of the emblems have some problems in them especially on the killer side. A big portion of the chaser emblem requires you to hit survivors, however it doesn't count instant downs as 2 hits, so killers like Myers,Plague and Hillbilly get punished for using their power. The sacrifice category requires you to hook 9 times to get iridescent sacrifice, but you can't control if survivors kill themselves on the first hook or disconnect. You also lose out on hooks if you Mori them and some killer powers have an add-on or something like a mori build into their kit, so mori hurt the killer scoring right now.
There are also some extreme cases regarding the inability to protect gatekeeper as killer or the inability to get boldness/healing points as survivor in edge cases depending on how the killer or teammate play but that's whole other side topic. Pipping is winning, it is just that there are some issues for how the ranking system counts as a win and most of it relates to certain categories relying survivor performance or killer performance rather than individual play.