How to shorten Killer queue times?

I've quickly noticed that Survivor queue times are almost instant, but Killers can easily have 20+ minute queues. So nobody wants to play Survivor, and everyone wants to play Killer. How do we fix that without breaking the game?

In my opinion, a good way to make people want to play Survivor over Killer more often would be to tone down (Preferably rework) Spirit and Nurse (especially Nurse). These characters are severely lacking in counterplay. If they know what they're doing, you're usually screwed and there's not much you can do about it. Naturally, that feels horrible and I think it's a big factor that drives people away from Survivor.

At the same time, though, playing as any Killer except Billy, Nurse and Spirit can be a pretty draining experience. You have to deal with the meta-perks (Borrowed Time, Decisive Strike, Adrenaline and Dead Hard), which all make it extremely difficult to deal with Survivors that know what they're doing, in addition to pallet loops and the like. So to ensure that we don't end up with the opposite problem (Nobody wants to play Killer because you never win against good Survivors), I think something should be done about the meta-perks. In my opinion, the best way to deal with it would be to target Decisive Strike specifically. I think it should be an Exhaustion perk, so you can't use it in combination with Dead Hard. In exchange, you could give it a compensation buff, like increasing the window of time you have to use it after getting downed.

Also, I think another issue (this relates to Nurse and Spirit) is that stealth is extremely difficult to pull off now. With so many perks that can reliably detect Survivors (Barbecue and Chili, Nurse's Calling, etc.), staying hidden can be near-impossible, which eliminates the main counter to a killer like the Nurse. I think that's a problem that should be addressed at some point, and if we address it properly, I think more people might play Survivors, since a lot of people might enjoy a sneaky playstyle.

And one last issue, related to Killers; most Killers are at an extreme disadvantage at the start of the game, before they get their first hook. It's not uncommon for 1, 2, or even 3 Generators to pop before the killer gets their first hook. Killers generally don't get any real momentum before their first hook (Which is why game-delaying perks like Hex: Ruin are considered mandatory), so I think we should take steps to make it easier for the Killer to get their first hook, without making the mid-game too difficult for the Survivors. Maybe the Killer should be given a single notification to point them in the right direction at the start of the game?

Anyway, those are just my thoughts on the current state of the game. Do you agree? Disagree with anything here?

Comments