In the world of dedicated servers....

Hey,

in the old world, if I got "Host has disconnected", that meant killer had DC'd. What does that mean now?

Thanks!

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • Good question. In games with Dedicated Servers, that typically means a hamster probably just died of a heart attack. I would assume it to mean the same thing here: a server hiccup, just that BHVR didn't change the announcement text.

    To be fair, I sometimes even get that in Overwatch, which has good servers and netcode, and my internet is still active and fine.

  • @Kilmeran said:

    Good question. In games with Dedicated Servers, that typically means a hamster probably just died of a heart attack. I would assume it to mean the same thing here: a server hiccup, just that BHVR didn't change the announcement text.

    To be fair, I sometimes even get that in Overwatch, which has good servers and netcode, and my internet is still active and fine.

    I get these messages at the end of a game; usually as killer...?

  • @Supernaut said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/737301#Comment_737301

    I get these messages at the end of a game; usually as killer...?

    Probably text hasn't changed. However, dedicated servers are Hosts so in a way it makes sense.

  • @Supernaut That's probably because when the match ends, you're usually jumping server segments from the match portion back to the lobby portion, so you're being disconnected from the one.

  • OK, so if i'm in the post game and i get a message similar to that...?

  • @Supernaut Depends. Is the game still running? Are you still in queue or able to queue? If so, then it's probably just a bug in the code triggering and sending out a false message.

    If no to the above, then the server dumped you. Which I wouldn't find to be unexpected right now since they are merely testing Dedicated Servers and the Netcode clearly needs some work.

  • @Supernaut said:

    OK, so if i'm in the post game and i get a message similar to that...?

    You mean in post-game chat, or as a pop-up? If it's a pop-up, refer to what Kilmeran said. In the post-game chat, I've been observing in my games and I suspect the server automatically disconnects the chat after a certain amount of time has passed with no one saying anything, presumably to open the servers up more for new games.

  • @Fibijean Ah, yeah, that. I've experienced that. I am in the post-game screens, I get the disconnect notification, then flicker back to the post game screens but chat is no longer working.

    I basically assumed the same thing. The server disconnected that segment due to inactivity.