Please elaborate RE: unavailable chapters on the Switch

As quoted from the news thread:

"some Chapters ARE unavailable?

You are right. The Leatherface and The Nightmare on Elm Street aren't available on Switch. The perks that would be coming with the chapters are included in the base perk pool."

Are these chapters unavailable due to a licensing matter or hardware limitations of the Switch? I am guessing the dream world is quite graphically demanding on the Switch's hardware.

@Peanits An official word on this would be great, thank you.

Apologies if this question has already been asked and answered.

Comments

  • I heard it's licensing. There wouldn't be any other reason Leatherface isn't in.

  • I believe peanits admitted that the reasoning behind it was that as the switch edition didn't exist as of those chapters they need to get permission to include them in the new copy of the game. No ETA on when they might be included but peanits seemed hopeful that things would come around

  • Get that BBQ while you can!