I think the devs broke The Plague
Other than reviving a downed teammate, Survivors can't perform healing actions when against the Plague, but they have insta-heal fountains available at any time. That said, they also don't like cleansing at those fountains because it gives her ranged damage. Taking this into consideration, I decided to try out this build today:
Dying Light, Pop Goes the Weasel, Thanatophobia, Surge.
And now I feel that the recent update to Dying Light and addition of Surge has "Broken" the Plague, and by that I mean its made her "Unadulterated-Completely-Unequivocally-Pure-Evil!"
With this build I've been dominating games all day long in the Purple-Red ranks. The beginning of the match goes by pretty standard; I might lose a gen or so after, or around the time of the first hook, but by mid game with 4-6 stacks of DL, 3-2 gens left, and everyone suffering from Thanatophobia's de-buff as well, the match comes to a crawl for survivors gen progress. Add in the fact that almost every time you down someone Surge activates on 1 or more gens, and you have Pop available for the gens that are higher in progress... each little loss of progress on them becomes a drastic increase in repair time for survivors. Even better is that the downside of DL, gifting the Obsession with a 33% bonus to healing speed, is rendered completely useless against her. Sure the Obsession is the only one who isn't affected by DL's loss of repair speed, but when gens are popping left and right and the teams progress speed is getting slower per minute, that 1 survivor can't carry the match alone.
I had hooked the Obsession twice in 1 match against SWF, and left them slugged the next time I knocked them down, and guess what their team did? They left him to bleed out because it was the only way they knew they were going to defeat DL! I had another team start cleansing at fountains to get rid of the Thana de-buff, but that only screwed them over even faster! This build really puts survivors between a rock and a hard place.
The devs have blessed us with a build that makes the Plague broken as hell, and throughout the day, I couldn't stop my sadistic (S)Laughter!
Comments
I wouldn't say Plague is broken. It's just that it forces you to make a decision on whether to cleanse or not that is made more rewarding but more devastating if she finds you.
I think a plague with vomit is slightly less devastating than T3 Myers. Just hide for a little and wait it out before trying to get in her face. She's only powerful if she can land her damaging vomit.
I think the dying light change makes games a little more tedious but it by no means makes a decent killer plain broken.