Why adding Pennywise the Clown is a bad idea.
*This is an opinion piece, you are welcome to disagree with me in the discussion below.
I believe that Pennywise the Clown is a terrible idea for Dead by Daylight, and here are some of the reasons why. First of all, Pennywise is not a slasher type character. Licensed characters such as Scream, Leatherface, and Michael Myers work as killer as they are fundamentally in the slasher movie genre. This means that there goal is to just kill as many people as possible. Meanwhile, Pennywise feeds off of others fear, and that would be incredibly difficult, if not impossible to make a good power for. If they did add him, his power would most likely be completely different from his source material abilities. Remember, last time they added a licensed killer who had a unique gimmick like Pennywise was Freddy, and we all know how that went. If somebody comments on a unique and interesting ability that they could make Pennywise have, I might change my mind, but as it is, I don't think it is possible without making the killer nothing like Pennywise. Finally, buying the license to Pennywise would cost the developers an incredible amount of money, and all for something that would not bring much to the game. Keep in mind, the new It movie came out very recently, making it even more expensive to buy the characters. This in turn would mean yet another DLC that costs money and could never be earned with bloodpoints. I feel as if instead of relying on cheap gimmicks such as licensed killers that are not even slasher types in the game, the developers could try creating a unique killer idea. Some of the best and coolest killers in DBD are the ones that are completely unique ideas, such as the spirit or the nurse.Most of the people who I have seen requesting that Pennywise is a good idea to the game do not really seem to think about what abilities he could have, and are instead fixated on just having him in the game. Again, if you disagree with this and have any ideas on how they could successfully implement him as an interesting and game-changing killer, I would like to hear it below.
Comments
I wasn't being literal I was just kinda being sarcastic because what power would he really have that would be worth making the character? I would 100 percent pass on that dlc even if it were only a dollar I wouldn't waste money on another clown killer