Balanced Landing and Hills

So I just lost a long chase at the end of a long match because balanced landing didn’t trigger as I ran off a hill. Yet again... I really don’t get the inconsistency in how this triggers. There are times when I’m trying to conserve my BL so I slowly crouch slide off the side of a hill and it triggers. Then there are the plethora of times as above when I guess a run off a part of the hill with a more gradual slope and so it doesn’t. Is this what the designers intended? Is there some trick to knowing what parts of the hill will trigger it and which ones won’t? It’s aggravating as heck to work so hard to get away and then one of your few tools doesn’t work.

Comments

  • I actually had a hill in one game that I've never had before. It had two slopes up and down it on opposite sides. Meaning I couldn't climb up the hill and BL off of it except for ONE SMALL part of it. Needless to say I got hit.

    as for BL, you need to fall a certain distance for it to trigger. It's not really big, but it's not super small either. I think you have to be like 3 or 4 steps up on the Thompson House stairs to trigger it for example. Experienced that the hard way too.

  • How close was the killer to you? I'm asking because if they were close enough they can hit you before you speed away or even proc balanced landing

  • This wasn’t a case of the hit interfering with the triggering. I was ahead of him by a couple seconds. Went over the hill, didn’t trigger, ran a little more and got hit. The standard big hills should always let BL trigger. Again, if someone has figured out how to tell where it will/won’t trigger on a hill, that’d be great to know.