Why always run SC, SB, and DS?

It seems really boring and unfun, to only run these perks constantly.

Comments

  • IMO, SC and SB are almost necessary at high ranks. Personally as killer I just expect people to use SC/SB as I expect killers to always have BBQ/Ruin.

    I know SB is broken when it activates multiple times in a chase, it saved my ass so many times, but you really do kind of need it against the best killer because you need a way to avoid the first potential hit. If you get hit and that's the start of a chase against a good killer, you are basically dead. SB helps you avoid this.

    SC is the best perk to ensure your survival. Being able to heal on your own is huge sometimes. I do think it should be limited, like you should only be able to heal yourself for 12/24/36 charges (1/2/3 full self heals) unless you have a medkit equipped in which case you could SC infinitely like you can now. That's really the problem with SC is that you can heal yourself as much as you want. If I had limits to that I would more often try to find someone else to heal me, and only use SC if I had to. Or I would start carrying a medkit with me just for infinite self heals.

    DS on the other hand is a bull ######### perk, mainly because players other than the obsession can use it. I honestly don't mind when survivors run DS, I use Remember Me as killer which punishes DS pretty nicely, but I do mind when I get hit by a DS carrying non-obsessions. IMO the perk should only work for the obsession, and if you don't get picked as the obsession then you don't get anything. It's just a wasted perk slot. Surv mains will cry about it, but it's the only way to make it balanced. Now if you want to use DS you should run OoO and/or SS to ensure you become the obsession. If not you will just be going in with 3 perks. If you want to add some effect to non-obsession you could make it so that for every instance of the perk, the DS skill check area gets 10% bigger or something. Then if I run DS but don't become the obsession, I know that whoever is the obsession will more likely hit their skill check at least, because that's what you want as the non-obsession anyway is to see someone DS the killer and keep a chase going so you can get more gen time.

  • It's not about boring, it's more about Bloodpoints, the longer you survive the more bloodpoints you get. If 4 survivors runs with 4 DS they can waste a killer's time massively and heavily increase the chance of winning, same goes for if everyone runs sprintburst which everyone does

    only hardcore survivor like Pug doesn't run Sprintburst and uses challenging perks

  • The same reason killers run the same perks over and over. They are proven to be the most useful.
  • @Vortexas said:
    It seems really boring and unfun, to only run these perks constantly.

    Because its the most easy thing and survivors like it braindead

  • It’s easy to use. Survivors use SB, SC, and DS. Just like EVERY killer uses BBQ, Ruin, and NC