can free weekend people play swf with paid game people?

My friend and me are trying to play together because it's free weekend and he's gonna test the game with me before purchasing but we can't play together, when we accept the invite we can't join the lobby because we have "different versions" and we are both in 3.2.0 so idk.

Comments

  • @Angelicus23 Sadly, I have no clue. The only other person I could get to try DbD was my 32-year-old baby sister, based on a free copy I gave her that I won from a Streamer. She tried it last week, but once rank reset happened and she got bullied around, she uninstalled.

    I can't get anyone else to even try the game for free because they refuse to deal with the Perk grind as a new player, and all the Vets that manipulate the matchmaking by de-ranking without penalty.

  • You should be able to, there's nothing in place to stop new players from playing with old players.

    I would suggest trying to validate the files. If that doesn't work, try doing a completely fresh install (delete the game, delete any traces left over, and then reinstall).

  • @Peanits said:

    You should be able to, there's nothing in place to stop new players from playing with old players.

    I would suggest trying to validate the files. If that doesn't work, try doing a completely fresh install (delete the game, delete any traces left over, and then reinstall).

    yeah he's now downloading new files but he can't test again until tomorrow, I'll let you know then and after that you can close the discussion. Thanks ^-^

  • @Peanits it wrked thank you so much you can close the discussion now