PSA: Killer Adepts!

So just now I figured out you DO NOT need a 4k to get the achievement you just need to earn enough points to earn the "Merciless Killer" scoring at the end. I got a 3k but made enough points and earned my adept. This might not be news to a lot of people but for me I have become woke!

Comments

  • @Mashtyx1 said:

    So just now I figured out you DO NOT need a 4k to get the achievement you just need to earn enough points to earn the "Merciless Killer" scoring at the end. I got a 3k but made enough points and earned my adept. This might not be news to a lot of people but for me I have become woke!

    This is possible only at the higher ranks (15-20). pass that you need 4k's 99% of the time to get merciless

  • Still bs that you need merciless to get the achievement, survivors don't need to double pip

  • @AetherBytes Understandable I haven't played killer as much as I used to so I am sitting at rank 13. But I have been rank one and it's not fun but lately on console being rank 15 to 1 is unfun.

  • I'd rather have to kill everyone to get Adept than get a Merciless Killer result.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/693393#Comment_693393

    As much as I like that in theory, 1 person DC-ing screws up the entire round and you have to start over. At least with Merciless you get credit for everything done to that person AND get emblem point bonuses because of a DC on top of it

    I'm pretty sure back when you just had to 4k to get Adept, a DC counted as a kill. Besides, you are probably less likely to get a Merciless when someone DCs, no?

  • I let the last girl go through Hatch and still got the Adept; can confirm this does work and yes it was low ranks, so there were plenty of chasing/hooking/destroying in the match.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/693404#Comment_693404

    Actually no, I've found you're MORE likely to get a Merciless because on top of all your points you get for stuff done to them in round, you get a bonus because they DC'd

    My adept Myers match was on a cornfield map, someone DC'd right before I got them on 3rd hook, AND intentionally dropped the last survivor off at the exit and still 2 pipped.

    That's really not true. A DC denies you hooks, which negatively impacts your emblem for hooking/sacrificing Survivors. You were lucky to just not have the DC prevent you from getting a 2pip.

  • Back when you just had to get a 4k, DCs counted. I had survivors DC all the time and still got the achievement.