Unpopular opinion: GhostFace is pretty powerful

LET ME EXPLAIN


Okay, GhostFace is a stalking killer that people believe is really weak as he is controlled by the survivors pretty much, but I have played GhostFace since release now and found that he can be surprisingly powerful inside the chase and outside.


When I go to consider how strong a killer is, I go off of if they are good inside the chase, and if they are good outside the chase.


GhostFace is able to stalk a survivor inside the chase very well and even mindgame inside the chase using NightShroud, allowing you to not have to moonwalk to hide the Killer Stain, but instead be able to already be looking in that direction to swing.


Outside of the chase you can sneak up onto survivors working on gens, and if you are running discordance, sneak up onto groups of survivors, and be able to stalk multiple of them all at once, allowing a slug fest to happen



This is coming from someone who plays both sides

Comments

  • He has some good tools, but the games simply go too fast whenever I play him. I get downs fairly quickly, but the games last 5 minutes. I've had games where I chain one shots together and still only get 1 kill. He really lacks pressure at high ranks. Getting knocked out of stealth is way too detrimental relative to how easy it is for survivors to do.

  • With the right build, he can be very good yes. But with a not good build you're gonna have to marking people left and right and downing them to keep pressure up at high ranks

  • @PhantomMask20763 said:

    With the right build, he can be very good yes. But with a not good build you're gonna have to marking people left and right and downing them to keep pressure up at high ranks

    I've been trying Ruin, Nurses, Whispers, Sloppy. Is there a better build? I really want to be good with him because he's ridiculously fun when he works.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/691941#Comment_691941

    I've been trying Ruin, Nurses, Whispers, Sloppy. Is there a better build? I really want to be good with him because he's ridiculously fun when he works.

    I can tell you the build I use


    BBQ, Ruin, Thrilling, and enduring

  • @Hoodied said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/691966#Comment_691966

    I can tell you the build I use

    BBQ, Ruin, Thrilling, and enduring

    I'll try that. Enduring should help. I definitely think I need something to deal with pallets, because the good survivors force Ghostface to chase.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/691969#Comment_691969

    I'll try that. Enduring should help. I definitely think I need something to deal with pallets, because the good survivors force Ghostface to chase.

    If you mained old freddy like I did, you should know when to swing at a pallet, if you mess up enduring helps


    BBQ for the extra points and to hint off where the shits are hiding at


    Thrilling and ruin because it allows me to slow down progress

  • Agree with the other 2. I play red rank survivor and killer.


    As survivor I see a ghostface every now and then and he gets maybe 1 or 2 kills.

    As killer I can 4K with ghostface but a majority of the time I’m just M1ing because my power is recovering. I like applying pressure constantly or else gens get done quick. If I get a quick stalk and down I have to wait soooo long in order to use my night shroud again to stalk someone else. So instead what ends up happening is I just go and M1. For every 2 chases of M1 usage I get 1 stalk down if I’m not kicked out of it too early. Once red ranks know it’s ghostface they’re constantly looking for you and alot of times as I peek over something they’re already running away. Easy fix for this is double up on recovery time for night shroud which i think are his best addons. Which I did for like 40-50 games until I ran out. Every other addon for him I have minimum of 60. So it’s not really a permanent solution.


    However, in lower ranks he’s really good. Survivors don’t look out for him as much and sometimes when you exposed them they end up running straight to you because they don’t know where you are. After rank reset I was able to get stalk downs only for fun. I would hook someone and just slowly walk to the next gen so my terror radius wouldn’t show up to them and when my shroud was ready I go after them. There was times where I even would stand still waiting for my shroud to come back and I still had enough time to get all 4K with like 2 or 3 gens left.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/691941#Comment_691941

    I've been trying Ruin, Nurses, Whispers, Sloppy. Is there a better build? I really want to be good with him because he's ridiculously fun when he works.

    I personally run Thrilling Tremors, PGTW, Ruin and Nurses Calling

    I seem to have a lot of success with it so it works

  • In my opinion he's the Strongest non-viable Killer.

    Freddy being the Weakest viable Killer btw.

  • He needs double power recovery rate add-ons to be somewhat decent.

  • He's a solid camper, that's for sure.

  • @PhantomMask20763 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/691966#Comment_691966

    I personally run Thrilling Tremors, PGTW, Ruin and Nurses Calling

    I seem to have a lot of success with it so it works

    i run same build but replace thrilling tremors with. BBQ and chili. Id rather see the aura than know they they’re on the gen because if they stay in the gen I should be able to see them either way at least this way I can know if they run a certain direction