You should play differently and optimise your Bloodpoints
What happened recently that nearly every trial now as Killer, there is that one Survivor that tries to get me to change my playstyle to something they deem would give me more Bloodpoints.
I'd have to completely switch my play style around every second or third trial if I'd listen to every one of them.
If you're one of those Survivor players, could you share your motivation below? I honestly would like to know as I just don't understand it. Bloodpoints are independent of ranking ever since the Victory Cube came along, so that can't be it, and most Killer players have a high kill-count as their motivation, not maximum Bloodpoints per trial.
Comments
Who plays survivor for bloodpoints?
Also I don't care about my kill counts as long as I can get those sweet, sweet points. I need them to get my Lery's offerings.
Whenever I feel the urge to recommend a different playstyle to the killer, it's usually because they either played so badly it's obvious that they have no idea what they're doing, or because they employed a playing style which is widely known to be not very lucrative, like facecamping.
As for motivation, it's not really about rank. Most people care far more about bloodpoints than they do about rank because the former allows you to unlock more content, while the latter is fairly meaningless. As you say, it makes no difference to the survivors how many bloodpoints the killer gets, so I would assume they're just trying to be nice and give you some tips to earn more BP, since that is most people's goal. In the case of facecamping, not only do you earn more BP by not doing it most of the time but it's also a more enjoyable gameplay experience for everyone involved, so there may be an element of that to it as well.
Well, all recommendations that weren't the usual "you're such trash, l2p, tunneller/camper!!!" of salty Survivors happened after 3 or 4 kill games, so it can't be your first suggestion in my case.
I don't doubt that some Survivors occasionally have a sincere motivation to help. But quite often I can't help but think that it's more an ulterior motive on their part, to get me to play less efficiently in terms of killing potential.
While that could well be the case, with all respect I would consider assuming such a thing without any real evidence to back it up to be personal a failing on your part. I believe it's a good lesson in interpersonal relations, both in games and in life, to assume good intentions unless proven otherwise.
That's my point, it was usually proven otherwise. I have more than enough experience in this game as a veteran player to know what playstyle is effective in terms of kills and which one isn't in a given trial.
But I do get your point and I wouldn't assume things without having some prior experiences.