What happens when I prestige?
I have gotten my hillbilly to 50, and getting teachables of ruin and BAC. I am probably going to prestige him so I get the perks and get a good build. Just wanted to make sure what I am getting myself into when I do so.
Comments
You go back to level 1 and lose all your perks, add-ons, items, offerings. In exchange you get bloody versions of the default clothing (have to get to prestige 3 to get the full set) and a slightly higher chance of rarer items in the bloodweb. Emphasis on slightly.
My advice- bank some Bloodpoints before you prestige and use up all your addins and offerings as they go away when you prestige. You can then use the banked bloodpoints to get a nice starting stable of perks and addons (and unlock perk slots) before you start your new Prestige levels.
Didn't read the other comments but when you prestige survivor:
Start over from level 1 with a new prestige symbol by your character level.
Get the bloody version of the default shirt for that character.
Lose all your add-ons, perks and offerings.
Prestige 2 is the same as above but you get the bloody pants, and prestige 3 you get the head/face.
Prestige with killer:
Start at level 1 with a new prestige symbol by your character level.
Get the bloody version of the weapon the character uses.
Lose all add-ons, perks and offerings.
Prestige 2 is the same as above but you get the bloody body set, and prestige 3 you get the head.
They say you get better odds at receiving "rare/very rare perks" to appear in your blood-web but since each time you prestige the rarity of the perks is randomized this honestly makes little to no sense.
To sum it up when you prestige you are basically starting the game over but with something of a "bragging rights" cosmetic. The worth of this cosmetic is up to you but it makes no difference on the overall game.
Unless you get prestige 3 Claudette as she is basically a ninja with full bloody cloths.
I should have also mentioned you keep any "teachable" perks unlocked to find in all your blood-webs.