Unpopular opinion: The new Perks are all Trash

Honestly, the new perks are trash now and won't shake up the meta, some of them got nerfed for no reason. Most of them are garbage tier, except for the babysitter maybe, but then again, why don't I just use Borrowed Time. The new perks are being overrated because they're new.

Remember when Spirit chapter was released on PTB and everyone thought Autodidact was gonna be OP because of insta heals, but it ended up being trash, that also got nerfed for no reason similar to Freddy.

Comments

  • @Peanits said:

    Not all perks are meant to be meta. We could very easily do the same old every time and slap bigger numbers on them if we wanted to make new meta perks, but that wouldn't be fun. If a perk like Inner Strength creates a unique and niche build, that's perfect. If you just want to run the best of the best every match with no variety, hey, whatever floats your boat, I won't stop you, but there's a lot of people out there who like to mix things up.

    Dear @Peanits besides trolling and griefing, why wouldn't you run the perks, that give you the highest chance of success? Why should anyone opt for less?

    Yes, you will naturally fantasise about fun perk combos and builds, but in the end you go back to the meta to win.

    If there is an optimal route to play, any diviation is putting a self chosen handicap/penalty on yourself. You can go in with no perks and add-ons, and some successfully do so.

    I just would love to see real alternatives, side grades to the meta, no power creep but also no dummy perks. I rather have less perks, especially regarding the unfun grind, but more meaningful full one.

    I would love, if the devs could design perks that interduces a valid playstyle and in a panel shortly state, why they created that perks and what they want to achieve with that.

    Like Babysitter, we don't like tunneling and risky unhooks, BT and DS, as well MYC, isn't sufficient in our opinion so we give you another perk that will help you to discourage the killer to go for the same survivor over and over again. (Ignoring the fact, that taking out a survivor permanently out of the game starting a death spiral and hands over more and more pressure to the killer and usually the tunnels survivor was and still is an easy prey to begin with).

    I don't ask for the devs for justification, but merely stating their intentions, visions and ideas. I know for a fact they have some great ones.

    By sharing this insight it would allow the community to participate and help the devs to create really awesome perks.

  • I just don't like that weaker effects are given conditions, hard counters, weaknesses ect.

    Stronger effects I get. Second wind and Inner strength have their conditions being for an instant heal, so they are fine.

    But fixated? 20% walking speed is useful but it's not so useful as to need a prerequisite of being uninjured.

    Dying light is the same deal. Make it effect the Obsession, make it not disable entirely when the Obsession is dead, or make the numbers larger.

    Mindbreaker, same deal.

    Cruel limits is too. I initially didn't even realize it had a range and thought it was cool. Then I realized it was only 32 meters and would require a very specific build in order to get anything out of it, and even with that build I still couldn't make use out of it on the PTB.

    Surge having a range limit makes sense. But 24 meters is too much. Heck, make it the 2 gens with the most progress, whichever 2 those are regardless of distance. That way he gets information out of it.

    But the cooldown doesn't need to be there. In it's current state it's outclassed by PGTW.

    And Mindbreaker doesn't need to have the 50% or less requirement.

  • @Ksoni said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/673594#Comment_673594

    Ds situational? If i play survivor i use it every game. Im just pretenting being dumb, then slowly go into the locker when killer sees me, then i stab the killer and loop normaly.

    It's designed to be situational. If a killer plays in a way that allows the DS player to get away, then they won't be able to use it.

    However, I didn't say it was weak. DS absolutely needs a nerf. If they start working on an action, then the perk deactivates, or something. Because 60 seconds is way too long.

  • Overall I’m quite disappointed with Steve’s perks. Babysitter is pretty good but it contradicts one of his other perks (sorry forgot the name) where he has to heal someone by himself up by a full health state. If the killer can see his aura, how he should play is to run away from the survivor he just unhooked so he can’t then heal that person...

  • I think Steve’s Camaraderie perk is also #########. If he’s gonna have a perk hook-related it should be something like this: because of how much Steve get’s a beating in the show, the perk should show that he can take one. It would work like borrowed time where if and when he gets rescued off a hook or even if he unhooks himself, for the first 3/6/9 seconds, he can sponge an extra hit from the killer

  • The only good perks are heal locker perks and then heal yourself over time

1 2 ›