Quick question about the Beginner's Guide Contest
So, reading the rules I understand we aren't allowed to use someone else's videos/screenshots
What I am unsure if we are allowed to use clips from trailers/spotlights?
The answer is probably going to be no, but since it wasn't specified I wanted to ask
Comments
Yeah, the Intellectual Property rules could be a bit clearer on this one. Like, it hasn't been specified whether we can take our own ingame screenshots and videos, or use official art like icons, or if all imagery has to be our own.
I could be overthinking this, but as a design student I've been carefully trained for three years to be very careful about Intellectual Property and appropriate crediting, so it would be nice to get a bit more clarity for the contest.
@Peanits, are you able to shed some light?
Good point
I need to know, I really want to do my best with this contest so I would like to have some clarity on what I'm allowed to do
######### it
I'll risk it and use clips from trailers and spotlights
Remember the competition doesn't end for another 9 days, so you have time to wait for an answer before you make your submission.
I know but I am a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to stuff I am passionate about, so I will have to work on it for a while