How to make DS really punish tunneling

So there's this thread talking about ds and it says it more or less punishes killers who let the survivor go because the time limit is so long.

Now. For a preposed change that's fair to both sides let's not change anything about the perk exept requirements for activation.

At the moment it activates no matter where the killer is. So one solution is make it similar to borrowed time, you onyl get it activated when you get unhooked when within the killers terror radius..... But yet that has its own issues like killers with a smaller terror radius or insidious /stealth killers

So that ideas out of the question

So how about the perk Is on a 10/20 second timer initially when being unhooked, but then as soon as you get into a chase the timer becomes 60 seconds...but then again I said about not messing with the timer but that's a good idea

Or how about do something that makes it benefit the obsession more. Like an idea I saw in the other thread. "if you are the killers obsession and you hit them with a decisive strike you leave no scratch marks for 3/4/5 seconds"


That's all the ideas I have on ds for now. Its a more balancable perk and it is fair..... It just needs a little tweaking so that it doesn't punish killers who just happen to stumble across you and down you 55 seconds later

Comments

  • I'd say it's fine as is, it has its counter play and slugging still helps keep pressure (though unbreakable can negate it but I see few people run it so whatever)

    You can slug the person and chase someone else, that's 3 people not on gens, one slugged, one being chased and one (maybe even 2 if they're not communicating) going for the heal, I'd say that's decent. DS is in a pretty great spot