Just started my run as a serious survivor
WALL OF TEXT, YOU'RE WELCOME
I'm burnt out as killer. The amount of work needed to be put in at high ranks in order to just keep out of the black pip? Sure, I can run iri head and omega nurse, but then it's just too easy.
So, I'm giving a run at survivor. Only rank 16 atm, been that way for months, so the starter rank. Going for those pesky perks that annoyed me as killer, like Adrenaline and Balanced Landing.
It's hell. O my god, this is hell! I now know where all those tunnel/camp threads are coming from. It's these baby ranks! It seems like that's all the killer can do right now. As soon as you go down, you might as well go have a bite to eat, because that killer isn't leaving your side. Then there's the tunneling. As soon as a killer spots you, you know the rest of the match is just loops. It's not killer vs survivor anymore, it's the bully that wants your lunch money now. I ran an entire match from this Huntress who just would not give up the chase, and that was a good fifteen minutes. I usually swear up and down over the infinite loops, but in this case, it was the only way I could keep going.
Then you have those killers that are so painstakingly new. A trapper who places traps in open spots. A Huntress who's shots go 400 miles off their target. That poor Nurse who went an entire match without getting one down. That Billy who spent more time banging into trees then he did anything else. I just want to hug them, they're so bad.
It's not them, though, that make it hell. It's the survivors. I want to cry sometimes, seeing how. . . well, new they are to the whole surviving thing. It takes them ten minutes to get one gen done. They will NEVER run. Anywhere, outside a chase. You can be hanging on the hook smashing that struggle key, and they will crouch their way to you from across the map, taking the longest possible route available. The killer sneezes, and they scamper back to the other side of the map. And if, by some miracle, they do get you off the hook, it will be as the killer is standing right behind them, breathing down their neck.
Lets not forget their demands to heal RIGHT THIS SECOND! A few games ago, had two survivors heal IN THE BASEMENT. Killer right behind that rock? I'm going to sandbag you until you heal me. Killer is seen coming from afar? You will stay right there and heal me. You've pulled a medkit, that dude is on his second hook, and you're going to use it on him? No. Use it on me or I will fast vault this window.
And the skill checks! Don't even get me started on those. It's like a musical performance, sometimes, with how many are missed. Some games I feel we won, simply because the poor killer was so confused as to what was going on, they didn't know what to do. I've taken a liking to Self Care, now, just because I can heal myself faster than they do for me, seeing how many times they've stabbed my poor Bill in the butt.
The pallet drops. O, the pallet drops. As soon as a survivor spots a killer coming to them, they drop the pallet. Most I've seen don't even try to loop. They just drop the pallet and run, and in most cases, the killer won't even break it. I wish there was some tutorial ingame that would teach looping, I really do. These poor players just don't understand the concept of it. Heck, a little info on slow/med/fast vaulting, I feel, would go leagues in helping these players.
To sum it up, starter ranks are a whole different animal than what I'm used to. I really am glad for the experience, I feel like I can go into some of these threads with a more open mind. To be honest, I actually prefer survivor atm than my killer, because it FEELS more relaxed, even if so much goes wrong. I just have to M1 a gen, loop a killer, and if I go down, go pet the cat while I'm camped. I think my biggest enjoyment, so far, is post game chat. When it's not people flinging insults about, it's nice being able to give tips to both sides on what to and not to do, and both sides asking eachother questions. Nice feel, almost makes me wish to stay at this rank instead of going higher. Still, at the end of the day, I see where a lot of the 'tunnel/camping/NOED' threads are coming from. Not from higher ranks, but these lower ranks. Good wake up call for myself.
Comments