Remaking game on a different engine by myself

Am I allowed to use the game assets to try to "remake" the game on a different engine for low end PC's? Its gonna be a non profit game and will give credit to anyone needed.


I know this is not the ideal place to ask, so if someone could tell me where to ask, I will..

And if im not allowed to use the assets, i won't.

Comments

  • Probably not. But you'd need permission from a Dev to do so in the first place.

    @Peanits This guy has a question for you.

  • We generally don't mind if someone is using our assets for something creative, but recreating the game goes a little beyond that. You'd be getting really close to infringement at that point.

    If you want a definite answer, I would suggest contacting support: https://support.deadbydaylight.com/hc/en-us

    That is where we typically handle these sorts of requests.