Why am I getting matched with brazilians in Europe?

90% of the times I look for a game as a survivor the game matches me with other survs and killers from America (mostly brazilians), resulting in bad conections around 200-300ms, and I don't get the reason...

I live in an archipielago next to Morocco but with good overall conection (100 Mbps and 70-80ms ping on all games), but it's still Europe and I shouldn't be matched with american people and that big lag.

Comments

  • Are you sure they aren't portuguese people with bad conection?

  • Yeah I'm sure I can see the difference between the brazilian and portuguese flags in their Steam profiles lol

  • You're lucky, I once played against a Killer with +1200ms!! Didn't realise till I started the match, would have left the lobby otherwise. Couldn't do gens, vault or unhook anyone. Could barely move without being pinged backwards or even teleporting to the other side of map. Ash was flying and falling for about 2 minutes as I watched (wish I'd saved the clip, was pretty funny). Of course we all died very quickly.

    Sorry but players with connections this bad shouldn't be allowed to play killer! It's completely unfair, or at least people shouldn't be put in a lobby with them. Hopefully they sort out the servers soon so we don't have to rely on killer's connection.

  • I've had really bad experiences were sometimes it even feels like Huntress Lullaby is active. I'm in the United States, and at night I sometimes go against people in Japan and it's horrible. The worst killers for me are the ones located in Australia and New Zealand, you can't absolutely do anything. You might as well just AFK and die. I really hope the dedicated servers next month remedy these problems and the hit detection. It's not fun fast vaulting a window and clearly Landing but still getting hit

  • Somebody with any kind of real information or solution? Seems clear I'm not the only one with this problem.


    I also get the NAT error from time to time, I don't know if it helps getting into the situation.