What happened to the buff/nerf the whisper?
If I remember correctly, the devs proposed changes along with self-healing and other perks ...
Whispers: It was better at the beginning of the game. It had a radius of 24 meters, if you killed a survivor it increased 8 meters (I think), so it was an interesting buff to find players quickly at the beginning, but by the end of the game it was a nerf
Where did the change stay, devs?
Comments
There is no mention of this in any of the patch-notes, nor was it on a PTB.
However, if they proposed to change it as you describe, then I expect it would have met with strong resistance from killers. It is generally accepted that Whispers is weak earlier in the game and gets stronger as survivors are removed. Whispers does not get more useful if survivors have a good game.
Whispers has a more niche use for Trappers, as it enables them to be confident no one is watching where they are placing a trap.