Lag switch or what?

Hello. I play on the xbox1 and have only been playing for about a month. Today I was playing a game as Ghostface trying to complete a ritual. Down to the last 2 survivors, I was able to down Bill before he got near the open exit. The last survivor was no where to be seen. Anyways, I dropped Bill to try to bait out the other survivor while Bill stayed motionless in place. I stayed next to him in stalk mode. He still wasn't moving. I decide to look into the exit way and suddenly they both escape. Game over. The hatch was no where near where Bill was and I never once saw the last standing survivor even as I looked into the exit. This all took place in less than a minute or so. My question is, was this a lag switch? or is there some mechanic in the game that let the dying Bill escape even if he wasn't moving?

Comments

  • Since its Bill there is a high chance he may have been running unbreakable paired with sprint burst for a fast exit and kept them for you to look away for a split second. Did you notice any scratch marks around?

    They may have been swf and the other left when he did but through the other exit.

  • Survivors can't lag switch. The killer is the host. A survivor attempting to lag switch would just be unable to see what any other participant in the match is doing, without any benefit for it.


    Sounds like this was just a typical connection drop. Either you lagged out and they DCed because they couldn't connect to you, or you hit the bug that seems to randomly force all survivors to DC at once.

  • @twistedmonkey said:

    Since its Bill there is a high chance he may have been running unbreakable paired with sprint burst for a fast exit and kept them for you to look away for a split second. Did you notice any scratch marks around?

    They may have been swf and the other left when he did but through the other exit.

    I didn't see any scratches anywhere. I could see and hear the Bill crying in dying state. The game just suddenly ended with both survivors escaping somehow.