Why Pallets?

I don't know if this was ever discussed when the game first came out or not but when the Developers were choosing things for Survivors to defend themselves with why did they choose pallets?

Pallets are huge and thick, the fact that every Killer in the game can break a pallet with two swings is a real testament to their inhuman strength. I am just generally curious as to why pallets were chosen, they could have chosen a stack of boxes or a dirty shopping cart, maybe a switch that closes a door and the animation is breaking the door etc. And in that note were doors ever on the table in the design phase? I'm not judging I am just actually curious, also why are the pallets blue?

p.s should this be in the Lore section or is General discussions fine? I'm not asking why the Entity chose pallets I'm asking why it was a game design choice so I don't think so.

Comments

  • I'm really happy I made this thread lol

    Pallet variations would add variety into this game and it is a fact that variety is the spice of life and if we keep seeing the same old thing over and over again it gets boring and stale, like leveling up a Killer to P3 level 50 and still not get any decent perks.

    Pallet variations would be awesome, Pallets on Mac Millan, car parts on Autohaven, logs for Red Forest, school desks on Springwood, tables? on Haddonfield, and I am kind of at a loss for the other maps.

    Also a Library map would be REALLY COOL :D I love indoor maps

  • @Groxiverde said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/605629#Comment_605629

    Come on Peanits, people is not that stupid as you think... Survivors just have to use 2 things to survive: Windows and Pallets. And do you really think they are not going to realize what is a pallet or not? LMAO, it's just a texture change. It would be a very interesting addition to the game imo

    When you think about it, it doesn't make sense to not make it more in line with the map's character.

    But the thing they have to worry about is 2 things: Doctor and Freddy can make fake pallets. Maybe they don't want to mess with that.

1 2 ›