Hitting through pallets recently...
I have a legit question, mainly for anyone who plays on console (PS4 specifically): I watch various people play DBD on Yt and they swing through pallets and windows and hit people with very little issues.
Recently on console I have noticed that those hits, that USED to hit like the PC videos now don't hit at all. When a pallet is dropped it seems to stun as the pallet is dropped (start of animation) but it didn't used to be that way. it was more like the PC where it was a tradeoff and the stun happened near the middle or end of the animation.
Has anyone else noticed or feel this way? Is it my imagination? Bad internet (tho' it's been consistent and not random)? Some changes the devs didn't tell anyone about? Enquiring minds want to know!
Comments
The stun happens at the middle of the animation, including the survivors reaching.
Hitting through a pallet requires that the cone of attack pass through more than half of the pallet's width.
I think it is a bug.
Last week i was having issues with pallets where i thought the dev's had done a shadow buff or something. My character would just freeze mid animation the second they started dropping the pallet (they start to reach up) and wait for the pallet to finish dropping before the stun activated, i even had some instances where i was on the survivors side of the pallet and i would get frozen half way through a quick attack, float back through the pallet, and then get stunned.
After this patch tho, i have been landing hits when i should.
I've been hit through pallets sometimes as a survivor. Ones that were already pulled down and not in any animation.