Tl;dr: Struggling, recovery, and exhaustion perks are bugged

I don’t know if this bug was reported by others before or if it was discussed in an earlier post, and I’m new to this forum, so please bear with me.

Since the Freddy rework was released today with much rejoice and a new version of 3.1.0, obviously, with a new patch comes new problems and bugs, and I’m here to talk about a specific bug. I don’t know if this affects PS4 or Xbox One as I’m on PC when this bug occurs.

The bug happens when you are downed the first time in a trial. I’m unable to recover from the dying state or struggle when I’m in the Killer’s grasp. The injured and full health states are also affected as exhaustion perks like Dead Hard are unable to activate. The gauge for when a player is healing is also affected by a visual glitch.

I noticed this bug when I was in a match with the new Nightmare. In the endgame chat, I talked about it and some players had noticed this bug before, but I thought they were talking about another bug similar to this one and was fixed. I thought this incident happened only once and paid it no mind until a couple hours later, the same thing happened again.

Luckily, the bug doesn’t happen as much as I’ve played 30 games and in that range, only four games, including the ones I mentioned, had this bug, and it really affects Survivor players with perks that rely on dying state recovery (i.e Unbreaking), struggling against the Killer (i.e Boil Over), or exhaustion upon activation (i.e Dead Hard).

I hope this problem is fixed ASAP because without these mechanics, playing as Survivor is almost unplayable.

Comments

  • Are you sure that it's not just a visual bug and you are actually recovering?

    I play on Xbox and did not see anything like this in the 6 or so games I played tonight with a 4 man. None of them mentioned it either. We got mostly Freddy too.

  • No matter how many times I spam/hold the mouse button, I can’t seem to recover until another player heals me. That’s when the gauge has a visual glitch. Healing others and doing gens are okay, it’s just the bar showing the other player’s healing progress doesn’t look like it’s filling up.