Interesting Grammar Learned from Researching Spirit's Description

I originally wanted to bring it to the dev's attention that in The Spirit's background, it says:

"Someone had to be held accountable and Rin's father fitted the bill perfectly."


I wasn't if it was a typo or an issue with translation if originally from another language, but I was adamant that it should have been "fit the bill." This led to several Google searches eventually resulting in the following conclusion:

Americans use fit as the past tense of fit, while British writers always tend to use fitted.

Thus, what I thought to be an error was actually just a matter of language localization. I know it's not the most thrilling sort of content, but I thought I'd share in case there were any other language nerds who might want to learn a little nugget of trivia.

Comments

  • So... Canadians are officially British now?

    I always knew something was wrong with these guys!

  • It's actually fascinating because it is reported to usually be "fit" for both Canadians and Americans (so North Americans). I assume the writers of the lore must either be from another continent or that it's simply part of the Montreal dialect.