I have seen the light

I started playing DBD when it was first released and played nothing but survivor. I stopped playing after about 6 months because the game just got stale and killers where always camping and tunneling.

I returned to DBD a little over a month ago and decided to main killer this time around. I would be the killer that I felt the survivor community deserved. I would not camp, tunnel and gladly let the last survivor have the hatch.

Fast forward to the present.......

I have been teabagged at least 10 000 times. Spent countless hours on what seems like endless loops and a never ending supply of pallets slammed in my face. My acts of kindness of have been returned with messages like EZ Clap, Get good and things not appropriate for this forum.

I just wanted to let all you killer mains out there know I have nothing but admiration for those of you who grind this game regularly. You are absolutely a special breed of crazy.

Comments

  • Yeah, there's something wrong with me...








    Thanks. ๐Ÿ˜Š

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    As a masochistic Wraith main who had spent at least 9 seasons in red ranks I Welcome you back to the harsh world of the fog dude!

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/280/BWETAWQXJQCQ.jpg

    If you want to fully get if you want to get total knowledge of the mechanics of the game, I sugesst you to spend at least 3 seasons there!

    This grants you the title "Seasoned killer" and gives you the right to scorn those newbies who ask for nerfs to NOED and punisments for camping/tunneling/guilty of just being killers... nah just kidding!

    But really, whether you play both survivor or killer, playing in red ranks gives you a deeper insight of mechanics and and different behaviors of the players, and how both sides interact with those! (and gives you the right to dissmis all rules in the survivors's rulebook for killers...

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/897/SRWJNXXW6OIW.jpg

    ...kidding again)

    Thanks for the feedback. I'm currently stuck at rank 8 and honestly the red ranks seems like it would be really stressful. The SWF teams de pip me on a regular basis. I can only imagine what a nightmare the red rank SWF teams would be like.


    What's your opinion on Hex Ruin? Seems like mine is gone in the first 2 minutes the majority of the time. Slowing the gens down is my biggest struggle.

  • @Boss said:

    Yeah, there's something wrong with me...

    Thanks. ๐Ÿ˜Š

    Wear it as a badge of honor brother.

  • I mean I'm a frigging PIG main who frequents the red ranks. A "cheap killer. She's impossible to counter. Effing camper (only if you're dumb enough to be in eyesight when I hook). Etcetera." All stuff I hear regularly when playing her lol.

  • I started playing DBD when it was first released and played nothing but survivor.

    Thanks, you just have to be the nice person when the survivors attack you for no reason. It disgusts me when they do this, they don't think that there are people playing and having fun on the other side. There must be something mentally wrong with you if you play toxically on a normal basis.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/586614#Comment_586614

    Hex Ruin is entirely situational, if it is well hidden its extremly powerful, let's say you use it in 10 matches: in 6 matches they will destroy it in the first .5 - 2.5 mins. in 3 it will last more than 3 min and in 1 match they will find it after 4 min or never!

    in red ranks 95%(number pulled from my ass)of the killers use it, but they go knowing it will be destroyed quickly!

    From my perspective, when I play as survivor in red ranks, if the killer manages to hook 2 survivors before the first gen is repaired, Ruin already served its purpose

    If you want defend your totem I suggest you to use a killer with high mobility (hillbilly nurse or spirit) if not, just let the survivors waste whatever time it took to them to find it, and you use that time to build momentum (aka find, down and hook your first survivor)!

    Personally, instead of play with 3 perks for the rest of the match (once they cleanse the totem), I use Thanatophobia and Sloppy Butcher, it makes painfully slow to heal yourself, so some of them choose not to, slowing everybody a few seconds, some go to search someone else to be healed, wasting time, and other, the less... inclined to use their brains... heal themselves, wasting a lot of time! and advantage that last the entire match and not a few mins like Ruin!

    I consider Ruin mandatory for huntress, and you can defend your totem relatively easy with the hag and trapper

    But play as you deem fit(aka as you see what the survivors bring to the lobby since sometimes franklin's demise is more useful than Ruin, and even a green mori can hurt greatly the momentum of the survivors)!

    Lmao around the event I got like 2 ebony per web yea needless to say I have a few collecting dust

  • That's what you get for following the Survivor's Rulebook for Killers. I camp and tunnel to my heart's content and you will sooner see me kiss The Clown's undead horse on the mouth before I give the hatch to a survivor