Changing how people play survivor through survivor roles
So I don't see why this game doesn't have a system in which a survivor chooses their role prior to the match starting. For example, you can have the team medic, a "gen jockey", a distraction/chase guy, or something along the lines of all that. You could have a whole new ranking system in which you can only rank up if you perform well in your chosen role. This doesn't mean survivors who are medics couldn't work on gens throughout the match, but they just wouldn't earn as many points for being a gen jockey when they're supposed to be saving and healing people.
And I'm thinking they could even allow the survivors to all take on the same role (such as being a gen jockey), but that it becomes much harder for them to pip if more people are in the same role.
I don't know all of the specifics behind how this concept would work, but I just feel like this would help make the survivor gameplay in the game more versatile.
Comments
I feel like there are too many circumstantial situations to really limit the survivors capabilities in such a way.
that's why each survivor has BP in each field... the survivors ALL have to swap roles throughout the round.
if you only had one person playing distraction... they would be dead too fast for any of the other survivors to make use of their sacrifice.
survivors kinda have to be "jack-of-all-trades" in order to survive.
I get where you are going with this. Honestly its a better idea than giving survivors "powers" which would be its own can of worms. However, think of it this way: You have sacrifices that give you more blood points in certain categories anyway, they are supposed to encourage a certain play-style. If survivors were to pigeon hole themselves into certain roles for better points or even better skill check chances, then Killers (by which I am a main) would have even more of a reason to tunnel down certain survivors in a specific order (The first to go is always the healer.)
Lastly, imagine, you arent on coms, everyone has picked Gen jockey and every one knows there is a penalty. Watch the lobby empty out for minutes on end as people fight over what roles they want to be and what is "the most optimal way to play."
I get that you want to spice up survivor but honestly the tools are already there with perks and sacrifices.