New Player

So I am completely new just bought the game, and I tried to play last night and literally sat there as a new killer for a good 15 20 mins with no action. So since this game has been around for so long, is it worthless for me to even play? Or did I just try at a low player time?

Comments

  • There is 2x money event right now, so survivors are playing low-rank killers to earn more money. Play survivor if you want a quick game, or rank up to yellow ranks for instant matches.

    If you want some tips according the game - feel free to ask on my steam account ;>

    http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198414951705/

  • It sometimes might take a long time to find the game. Try to play at the other time or just wait a bit longer. 
  • @Hechtic said:
    So I am completely new just bought the game, and I tried to play last night and literally sat there as a new killer for a good 15 20 mins with no action. So since this game has been around for so long, is it worthless for me to even play? Or did I just try at a low player time?

    Are you in a populated region ? Like US/Europe ?
    It shouldn't be happening, even tho the double BP slightly slows down the killer's queue due to the fact that overall, killers do get more BP than survivors, which leads to more ppl playing killer during the event... There should be enough rank 20s.

  • Ranks are going to reset in a few days. I suggest to switch between Killer and Survivor when you don't find players on either side. This will surely help you get into a match. 
  • @Runiver said:

    @Hechtic said:
    So I am completely new just bought the game, and I tried to play last night and literally sat there as a new killer for a good 15 20 mins with no action. So since this game has been around for so long, is it worthless for me to even play? Or did I just try at a low player time?

    Are you in a populated region ? Like US/Europe ?
    It shouldn't be happening, even tho the double BP slightly slows down the killer's queue due to the fact that overall, killers do get more BP than survivors, which leads to more ppl playing killer during the event... There should be enough rank 20s.

    Im currently on rank 17, there is literally one game per 20 minutes of waiting for survs.

  • @RSB said:

    @Runiver said:

    @Hechtic said:
    So I am completely new just bought the game, and I tried to play last night and literally sat there as a new killer for a good 15 20 mins with no action. So since this game has been around for so long, is it worthless for me to even play? Or did I just try at a low player time?

    Are you in a populated region ? Like US/Europe ?
    It shouldn't be happening, even tho the double BP slightly slows down the killer's queue due to the fact that overall, killers do get more BP than survivors, which leads to more ppl playing killer during the event... There should be enough rank 20s.

    Im currently on rank 17, there is literally one game per 20 minutes of waiting for survs.

    rank 3 here and I get insta-queue, so I guess the low ranks are deserted due to the fact it might be too easy to rank up now for survs (again.)

  • @Runiver said:

    @RSB said:

    @Runiver said:

    @Hechtic said:
    So I am completely new just bought the game, and I tried to play last night and literally sat there as a new killer for a good 15 20 mins with no action. So since this game has been around for so long, is it worthless for me to even play? Or did I just try at a low player time?

    Are you in a populated region ? Like US/Europe ?
    It shouldn't be happening, even tho the double BP slightly slows down the killer's queue due to the fact that overall, killers do get more BP than survivors, which leads to more ppl playing killer during the event... There should be enough rank 20s.

    Im currently on rank 17, there is literally one game per 20 minutes of waiting for survs.

    rank 3 here and I get insta-queue, so I guess the low ranks are deserted due to the fact it might be too easy to rank up now for survs (again.)

    Maybe, but I think that there are plenty of survivors who switched to low rank killer to farm newbie survivors.

  • @RSB said:

    @Runiver said:

    @RSB said:

    @Runiver said:

    @Hechtic said:
    So I am completely new just bought the game, and I tried to play last night and literally sat there as a new killer for a good 15 20 mins with no action. So since this game has been around for so long, is it worthless for me to even play? Or did I just try at a low player time?

    Are you in a populated region ? Like US/Europe ?
    It shouldn't be happening, even tho the double BP slightly slows down the killer's queue due to the fact that overall, killers do get more BP than survivors, which leads to more ppl playing killer during the event... There should be enough rank 20s.

    Im currently on rank 17, there is literally one game per 20 minutes of waiting for survs.

    rank 3 here and I get insta-queue, so I guess the low ranks are deserted due to the fact it might be too easy to rank up now for survs (again.)

    Maybe, but I think that there are plenty of survivors who switched to low rank killer to farm newbie survivors.

    Or maybe, survivor mains (usual low ranks at killer) just started playing killer.

  • welcome. you should start as a survivor.