Remove the hitbox of a hooked survivor
Wasn't sure what category to put this in, but I come across this problem a lot as killer so here is where seemed best. It's stupid how someone rushes the hook to save and I go to hit that person but it somehow hits the hooked person. I get robbed of a hit very often because of this. I'm aiming at the rescuer but somehow I hit the hitbox of the hooked survivor instead. Also the rescuer can run into the hooked survivor and is basically shielded by their hitbox. I suggest just removing because it gets annoying hitting it somehow when you're not even aimed on it.
Comments
This isn't a problem you'll face as you become more experienced. Learning to turn the camera in a smooth 180 curve while attacking the rescuer is part of the skill ceiling.
If there is a survivor near a hook and you are close enough to prevent them from freely unhooking. Why try and hit them? Let them waste their time as their teammate dies on hook. As soon as they go to make the rescue grab them or get your free hit that way.
The thing is I do that, but for some reason when I go to get the hit there are times where it says I hit the hooked survivor. The rescuer will be directly in front of me but the hit registers for the hooked guy. That or they bait you to go for a grab and the grab freezes then switches to a hit (which this is a problem as well).