2nd objective idea

So the idea of having to get gas for the gens has been tossed around and I do have to say that maybe we could make that mechanic/objective better then what it sounds------> what I mean by this is that having to get gas for the gens if theres no actual........ ya know game to it (tension could be the word I'm looking for) then it would be just your dwight dumping gas into a gen and you're done with the long awaited 2nd objective for survivors........


IDEA... my idea is to have the survivors retrieve gas for the gens........ but with pales/buckets.........yes really old, worn out buckets that leak over time and spill when running....... this maybe more interesting and potentially more accurate to what the entity would set things up rather then just gas cans....

now this opens up other ideas such as bringing in vigo----> something could be made where theres 1 gas can that he made that will fill a gen all the way.......

What are guys thoughts?....... also I'm excited for the PTB!!!

Comments

  • I really love the aesthetic of the old rusty pale and gas sloshing everywhere on my way to the Gen. They could make it where if you sprint while holding a bucket of gasoline then some splashes out on the way but if you walk or crouch then it's ok. That would be a huge hassle for Survivors and I don't particularly like it but it's a cool idea in of itself.

  • Having to retrieve something that penalizes running (and therefore being caught) is interesting, but rough to put on gens. What if some kind of energy or sprite needed to be coaxed over to totems to cleanse them using the same mechanic? Then it would still mostly be mandatory against Ruin users.

  • I'd rather secondary objectives do something more than just waste time. Like if they unlocked areas of the map, or offer some sort of tactical advantage like unlocking certain loops, vaults, or pallets.

    I mean, any change of pace is an improvement, but it's rather dull if you have to go on a trip for every mundane generator.

    This idea would be nice if it was for a very safe generator, like the one in the autoshop or in Freddy's creepy love dungeon.

  • @Visionmaker said:

    I'd rather secondary objectives do something more than just waste time. Like if they unlocked areas of the map, or offer some sort of tactical advantage like unlocking certain loops, vaults, or pallets.

    I mean, any change of pace is an improvement, but it's rather dull if you have to go on a trip for every mundane generator.

    This idea would be nice if it was for a very safe generator, like the one in the autoshop or in Freddy's creepy love dungeon.

    @Visionmaker the idea of unlocking areas of the maps I really like as well..... I've seem that idea come up a few times here and wpupdnt whine at all if it was implemented.....

  • @Captain_Doomsday said:

    Having to retrieve something that penalizes running (and therefore being caught) is interesting, but rough to put on gens. What if some kind of energy or sprite needed to be coaxed over to totems to cleanse them using the same mechanic? Then it would still mostly be mandatory against Ruin users.

    I feel that the secondary objective should be mandatory/have to be completed rather then just dodged.... a decent amount of players can work through that ruin nowadays.... if this idea were to be tested I do have to say that gen times would need looking at to be shorter

  • @Tensor said:

    no

    Simple and easy..... not sure where your point is though......